Author Topic: Wreck Video From Path Valley  (Read 8052 times)

Offline rickmiller48

Wreck Video From Path Valley
« on: September 27, 2009, 11:44:11 am »

Here is a link to a video I made from my onboard camera footage from Friday night.  You don't see a whole lot of the first wreck, but I included that whole start so you can see how rough some folks are.  That's the 81 that I get into that lifts the rear of my car in the beginning and that finishs the 5 off into the front wall.  With regards to the 2nd wreck, Bob Brubaker who flips off of my right front had his wrist iced up but I believe he is fine.  For my part, I got hit from behind in that wreck right before Bob hit me and it was hard enough to kink the frame back near where the bumper hooks up.  It was tight racing because it was only a 2 lane track in the turns.  Later I got high in 3 and clipped the berm and it sanpped my right front shock and busted a couple other things.
     Vern, did you have your camera?   If so, you probably had a better view of it all.

Offline Vern Houseman

Re: Wreck Video From Path Valley
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 12:20:29 pm »
No I didnt have it. news of Bob his wrist is ok and his sholder is sore but doing ok..... car is pritty much totaled..... it actually pushed the motor 2 inches into the fire wall and twisted the frame....Rich are you going to send video from ssp ?
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline rickmiller48

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 03:02:45 pm »
Yeah, I have to edit it yet.  I've been busy today trying to fix all the shit broke on my car.  I've got it fixed enough to get off of the trailer now, so I'll unload it and wash it.  I'll have some time on my hands while it's drying, so I'll try to get to it then.  In that video it looks like Bob was really moving when he clipped me didn't it?

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 05:15:41 pm »
never ends dose it ? I just got done taking the motor out of the car I ran Fri nite.get some things fixed on it then take it over to coopers,we are putting a 1250 in it for a back up car at nationals.sence Bobs 348 is trashed.
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline rickmiller48

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 07:59:44 pm »
It's up now:

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2009, 09:18:29 pm »
thanks Rich I see where I jacked  up,went into 3 to low owell its all good
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline rickmiller48

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 10:07:29 pm »
I knew I shouldn't have put that part in.  I'm going to regret that this weekend.

Offline NJRacer510

• Team 510 Racing
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2009, 10:43:19 pm »
The video doesn't show everything but the flip started with myself and Burd. The two of  us touched tires and everyone behind us started to check up, that in which caused my brother Paul to get hit and spun then the flip with Bob. I don't think  it was anyone's fault other than just a racing accident. I am glad to see that Bob is ok outside of just the sore wrist. Where you and the Coopers staying at East Lincoln, we will all have to get together one night for some drinks and food. We are borrowing a smaller trailer from friend to haul our spare car there as well. I think we will all have a good time but car counts are looking to be low. Does Ralph and Don have a full field for Grandview?

Todd
www.team510racing.com
TODD McCOLLUM #m1
www.TEAM510RACING.com

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2009, 02:45:28 pm »
we are staying about 15 min from the track i dont know where the coopers got the hotel rooms?we have to take my spare car now,that the 348 got trrashed, have get it over to coopers this week to put the 348 motor in it,but hopefully it wont be needed. as fare as grandview , who cares ??? hell I didnt get an invite ???seems like only certain people got the invite. central pa is going to  have enough probs next year, I hope paul gets a good show going next year,thats where Illl be at.   vern
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline NJRacer510

• Team 510 Racing
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2009, 05:03:51 pm »
We are staying in Gastonia, NC 10 minutes from the track in the Comfort Suites. We needed big rooms because there is a total of 10 or so coming with us. It will be a good time but we are bringing our whole crew minus Drew and his father because their going asphalt racing.
TODD McCOLLUM #m1
www.TEAM510RACING.com

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2009, 05:53:21 pm »
good deal...... guees ill see you at ssp fri nite.
Vernon Houseman #20