Author Topic: Driveshaft FYI  (Read 8845 times)

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
Driveshaft FYI
« on: September 16, 2009, 04:57:15 pm »
If you ever order a rear end flange, or any other driveshaft related part from 600,  order one of each.  I needed a rear flange, and they asked what color my driveshaft was. It's white, so they sent me a part. Of course its the wrong one. At some point in time, my driveshaft was gray, but a previous owner painted it white. Now I have to pay $60 to have the "correct" part overnighted so the car is ready for the weekend. Would have saved $15.00 just buying one of each.
Some time ago, they switched driveshafts, and instead of marking them in some way, with a serial number, or an INEX stamp or something, they just began painting them grey instead of white. I would guess mine was painted white to match the chassis by the former owner.

Just wanted to save someone else a headache and waste of money.

JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline Racinjj

• Steenbergen Motorsports
Re: Driveshaft FYI
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 08:05:55 pm »
Yep, Grant had a similar issue but I helped him out. 

The gray driveshat is newer and has a thicker flange.
The white driveshaft is older and has thinner flange.
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Racecar spelled backwards is racecar. Racecar upside down is expensive.

Offline BATZ

• On the gas...haulin ass!
    • Batzer Racing videos on youtube...ND Legends
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 06:32:10 pm »
They (600) did the same crap to me!  Foxworthy couldn't give me the time of day to tell me the difference between the two, which is is VERY easy to see! When he asked me what color my drive shaft was, I laughed and said dirt colored...... why what is the diff?  he says I NEED to know what color it is...I said I suppose it is white with black speckles....it's very old looking.  When all he had to say to me was...Where are your u-joint retaining clips at? The inside or outside? Very simple question!  C'mon 600 lets make this easy!   ???
I'd rather be a smart ass...then a dumb ass.

Sagermotorsports

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2009, 12:02:20 pm »
A lot of tracks, mine included make you paint the driveshaft white 600 should know this

Brett

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 03:52:15 pm »
They (600) did the same crap to me!  Foxworthy couldn't give me the time of day to tell me the difference between the two, which is is VERY easy to see! When he asked me what color my drive shaft was, I laughed and said dirt colored...... why what is the diff?  he says I NEED to know what color it is...I said I suppose it is white with black speckles....it's very old looking.  When all he had to say to me was...Where are your u-joint retaining clips at? The inside or outside? Very simple question!  C'mon 600 lets make this easy!   ???

Actually, the retaining clips are on the outside for both of the flanges I was sent, the large one and the smaller one
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline BATZ

• On the gas...haulin ass!
    • Batzer Racing videos on youtube...ND Legends
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 01:26:29 pm »
That is weird cuz the one I have (the one they sent me that was wrong) has a thin flange and the clips would go on the inside, snapping onto the u-joint itself.....
Who knows....I definitely agree if you are gonna buy one, make sure to explain what yours looks like and that they can match it up.
I'd rather be a smart ass...then a dumb ass.