Author Topic: Good age???  (Read 6109 times)

Offline TracyChirico

Good age???
« on: September 10, 2009, 09:52:47 pm »
I'm just wondering what age most people have gotten their children started in Bandos at (or what age you got started at, for the Bando drivers on the forums). My son is six, so I know he still has some time...  I work at Bethel Motor Speedway, so the cars are not completely unfamiliar to me - our class has been growing this year, and one of my son's friends from the grandstands just got one, so I guess Mom's mind is already jumping ahead. I'm just looking for some honest input from people who have already been there.

Offline bandorcn7

Re: Good age???
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 04:14:02 pm »
you can start   at 8 thats how you can get the most practice and be better but i started at 12 and this is my rookie year and won 8 times so say around 8-10

Offline ruracin61

• Cars R My Stars
    • 61 racing
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 07:52:45 pm »
Paul, thats not you rookie year..... this is your second year. But ya youngest 8 years old.
! Cars R My Stars !
 http://61racing.webs.com/
61 racing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 08:13:24 pm »
Tracy,
All kids are different. Age is just a number. My son is 6 and I feel he could easily run a Bandolero...my oldest nephew is 12 and I wouldnt trust him on a big wheel. It all depends on the maturity level and large motor skills of the child. Best to go to the local put-put go kart track and see how he/she reacts. If crashing into everything is funny, he's not ready
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline GoneDirt

• Parker Power Sports
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 10:51:57 am »
We started out at 8 with no prior racing experiences. He can go fast from the front and lead. but the skills we are working is being able to safely navigate thru the field and not tear anything up. The kids we run with have ran quarter midgets and go karts since they were 5. You can  see the difference with the kids when they bunch up and race in a tight field. If i had to do it over we would have started with quarter midgets or go karts and then to the bandos at 8

Offline TracyChirico

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 02:45:27 pm »
Thanks for all of the input. I know I still have almost two years before he can get behind the wheel...honestly, I don't think he's ready for a quarter midget or go-kart just yet. His motor skills are good and he likes anything that has to do with racing, so I guess we will see how things go.

Offline Bando9

• WE ALL WANT TO GO FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Gonnamracing9
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2009, 10:06:44 am »
thats a good disision bandos are the safest and one of the funnest cars to race and i hope you let him race when he turns 8
I race in the Midwest send me a mp if you are racing up hear.

anything