Author Topic: Crashes  (Read 17429 times)

Offline Vern Houseman

Re: Crashes
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2009, 11:48:40 am »
update on JoshUPDATE ON JOSH MORROW'S CONDITION

FROM JOSH

I am still in the hospital recovering but I am getting stronger every day. The injures I suffered from the accident are 3 fractured vertebrae in my mid back below my shoulder blades, a slight herniation on one of my discs, a separated left shoulder and a left punctured lung. I know I gave everyone quite a scare the other night but I just want everyone to know that I got back on my feet today and was able to walk around a little bit with the help of a back brace. I am healing faster than I could have imagined and I just want to thank everyone who has come to visit me, called me, and sent me get well messages. From what i hear, it was the worst legends car crash many people ever witnessed and I am just thankful to be alive. Once again I just want to thank everyone who has let me know that they are thinking about me. I never realized how many people I have in my life that care about me and I feel blessed to have such people like that in my life. It is hard to believe that I am walking again only 3 days after breaking my back but I am. I’m going to do whatever I need to do to make sure I make a full recovery and do not rush getting back in a racecar but I want you all to know that I have full intentions in getting back in a racecar as soon as I am 100% again
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2009, 12:31:31 pm »
That is good news. Thanks for the update Vern!

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline rickmiller48

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2009, 04:39:26 am »
    I can tell you there probably wasn't anything Josh could have done.  This thing happened real quick.  I got too loose coming out of 4, totally my fault, I just got on it too hard too soon.  While I had it turned full right and lifting, Jason Rochelle either barely touched my left front (he didn't even feel it) or the front hit a rut or bump just enough to help the car turn back right faster than I wanted it to and into the wall I went.  From in my car it seemed like less than half a second between me hitting the wall and Josh hitting me.  Next thing I knew Josh was over me flying through the air then end over end flipping 2/3 of the front straight.  I locked them down as soon as he went over me and was cliped again by Steve Nederostek as he went by.  There was something about Josh's flips that just looked violent, it wasn't smooth at all.  Before this, the worst I seen was Justin's at Grandview last year, and this just looked alot worse. 
    I really feel bad that I was the start of this thing and that it ended with Josh hurt.  The night went suddenly from one of the best nights I've had since I switched to Legends Cars to the worst.  I hope those of you who run with me know that I would never do anything to wreck anyone, let alone hurt them.  I just do this for fun.  I keep looking back to see what I could have done different, but other than getting loose in the first place, I can't think of anything I would change.  Even once I went back into the wall, I thought everyone would miss me since I was right against the wall. 
    Anyhow, I really hope Josh has a speedy recovery and I will personnally feel alot better when he has recovered and I see him on the track again.

Rick Miller  #38

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2009, 11:40:43 am »
Rick,

As with anything in racing, Things Happen!... And usually happen quickly. I am sure nobody thinks that you did anything to intentionally wreck anyone.
I am glad to hear that you are OK. Sounds like Josh is on the mend, and has a positive attitude about his recovery. That is always a plus!!!
From your description of the incident, and pics that I received; It looks like it was one wild night!
 I wish you both all the best!

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline bback58

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2009, 03:20:12 pm »
Rick,

I have an idea on how you feel.  My second year I tangled with one of our guys that I consider a good friend.  We started racing at the same time.  He rolled over my left front going down the backstretch and did a few nasty flips.  While I didn't feel it was my fault, and he didn't blame me either, I still felt terrible that I had a part of it.   Also, last year in Cedar Lake Wisconsin, my right front spindle broke going into turn 1 and I drove right into the path of another car.  He hit my right front and rolled up and over me.  They took him off to the hospital so I never got to let him know what happened.  Another one that wasn't my "fault", but still felt terrible.  I have been a clean racer from the start because I'm out to have fun and not worried about the finishes and don't stick my nose where it doesn't belong or if I sense trouble coming.  That is why I'm not running closer to the front.  It's racing and this kind of stuff happens.

Anyway, that is my 2¢ worth.  I too wish Josh a speedy recovery.
Brian B

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2009, 10:33:08 pm »
I just got a TEXT from Josh and he is feel alot better. On that note he passed this link to youtube of the crash.

If it doesn't work type in legends car crash and it just a few down the list. It is list as legends car crash. Kind of scary.

Scott 77w
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2009, 07:34:58 am »
Well, shouldn't have watched that on a race morning.  :-\

Makes me even more thankful for the safety crew on hand at Chilton last August. They would not turn the car over until they had me out, even though I was screaming at them to do so after I woke up.  After I was out, they said they didn't want to risk a fire with me trapped in the car as I was.

Glad they didn't listen to me.

Im glad Josh is feeling better. I know alot of guys are seeing stuff like this happen, and questioning their racing motives and drives, but I have to say, after my wreck, I feel safer in the car than ever.

Jim
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/