Author Topic: Clear coated chassis  (Read 12990 times)

Offline dlacey82

Re: Clear coated chassis
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2012, 04:07:54 pm »
Anyone on the West Coast looking for Chassis Powder Coating should contact Tony Green Motorsports.

I had mine done last year through them and the price was insanely reasonable compared to what you guys are listing and it looks AWESOME!

http://tonygreenmotorsports.com/

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2012, 08:02:54 pm »
Tony is a member here on the site. We haven't seen him in awhile though.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline NJRacer510

• Team 510 Racing
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2012, 07:51:10 am »
The two places we have had our chassis's powder coated at have done a great job, never once had to use a thread chaser on the lollipops or anywhere. Originally I was paying $300 for blasting and coating but last year it was raised to $400. I would never pay more than that for a single stage coating. In my understanding powder coating is also good for a chassis because when they bake the powder on it helps take stress out of the chassis because it gets so hot in the booth. Also the thing I do it select a color that is readliy available in spray paint at your local parts supply store. This way if a rear horn gets knocked off you can easliy match the color without going through any trouble.
TODD McCOLLUM #m1
www.TEAM510RACING.com

knoxracing

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2012, 09:01:24 am »
Ya i agree Todd, I have had to clip a couple that were powdered, I just painted the clip with some good paint and it was fine. The color choice is a good point, sometimes they will do it cheaper if they are doing another item in a color that you like, they do them at the same time.
Dennis Knox
Buckeye Legends
330-310-9212