Author Topic: Asphalt Nationals  (Read 9736 times)

Offline RedBull83

Asphalt Nationals
« on: March 31, 2012, 03:39:14 pm »
I know its still quite a ways away, but ive got a suggestion with the system of running the nationals.

From what ive seen, it rotates year to year from an east coast track to a west coast track.  My suggestion: have 2 races.  One on each coast, a few weeks between the two, in case someone wanted to race in both.  I think it may get more people to go to them.  And folks wouldnt have to wait a year for the race to come closer to them.
Just my 2 cents.  Thoughts???

Matt Grant - #84 AMSOIL NELCAR Legends Tour

Offline Legends57x

Re: Asphalt Nationals
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 03:54:52 pm »
How about a triple crown series...One on the east coast, one in central US, and one on the west coast.   Top point total for all three series would be champion if someone was interested in traveling to all three.  Otherwise, everyone would have a chance to race in a nationals race.  Fuel is too expensive for someone in the midwest to travel all the way to either the west or east coast.

Just my two cents! ;D
Mark Ritger
INEX Legends #1x

Offline RedBull83

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 03:20:08 pm »
Thats an even better idea!  as long as they make each of the events feel as important as the next, this would work very well, and it would put more $$$ in 600's pocket.  Sorry for neglecting the midwest guys in my first post lol
Matt Grant - #84 AMSOIL NELCAR Legends Tour

Offline svtmatt

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 02:36:05 pm »
There's only one Daytona 500, Snowball Derby, All American 400 (or so it used to be), Knoxville Nationals, etc. for a reason.  The minute you have multiple Legend Car nationals, you take away the prestige of winning it and the ability to crown a true champion which is what the event is all about.  USLC has done a pretty good job rotating it around so that everyone has a decent chance to compete if they want to.

JMO.

MT
Matt Todd
Michgan Legends #8

igotmylegend

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 08:16:52 am »
Some times you just need to pull your check book out of your pocket and just go.

Offline Legends57x

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 10:38:09 am »
Yes, there only is one Daytona 500, however, there are 30+ more Sprint Cup races across the US which allows some teams that do not compete normally to have a chance to attend and possibly qualify for one race a year.  As far as rolling out the checkbook, that's fine, but not all of us have the resources to do just that.  ;D
Mark Ritger
INEX Legends #1x

anything