Author Topic: How You Doing? 2012  (Read 178435 times)

Offline s10custom

• It is what it is
Re: How You Doing? 2012
« Reply #90 on: April 18, 2012, 06:43:42 pm »
Amen to that., Brother

Offline Racinjj

• Steenbergen Motorsports
« Reply #91 on: April 19, 2012, 01:43:10 pm »
Wow, bad move on the tracks part.  Either they didnt see him there or were way  to lazy getting the caution out.  A car in the racing groove cant be left unprotected like that.
I take it you guys arent using Raceceivers?
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Racecar spelled backwards is racecar. Racecar upside down is expensive.

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #92 on: April 19, 2012, 11:08:21 pm »
No Jeff the let us run two-way radios but the real problem is it really hard to see all the way around that track for a spotter. The have two officials that are on the back straight away and are supposed to be watching for that stuff. I can say that they normally do a great job but it was the first race of the season and don't know if they had someone new or different. We are just damn lucky that no one got hurt bad. Hope the rain holds off and we will do it again. Not the wreck thing of course.
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline s10custom

• It is what it is
« Reply #93 on: April 21, 2012, 10:45:43 am »
wonder how a chassis with the stiffners would have faired in a crash like that. Anyone know since I have to get a new chassis?

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #94 on: April 21, 2012, 10:23:45 pm »
Ask Mike G. He is the chassis guru for the east coast. I think that either way you would have had to get a new chassis. The 03 car was able to fix theirs.  He  set fast time again tonight before the rains came. Hope to see you guys back at the track soon./
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline Winterracing

• www.Winterracing.net
« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2012, 11:05:51 pm »
finished 11th in our first race out today.  Not a bad way to start the year, we had the speed, just needed to get the car more stable and comfortable.  On to NHMS for some road racing next week.  Also, for anyone into the social media follow me on twitter @danwinter81 and like winter racing on facebook, http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Winter-Racing/329802753704815.  Also anyone else with a facebook page or twitter post a link so we can all stay connected in how everyone does.

Dan

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #96 on: April 21, 2012, 11:10:59 pm »
Hi Dan,

I'll be sure to follow your FB page. Look forward to those road race results.

Best Wishes!

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #97 on: April 22, 2012, 12:44:51 pm »
Congratulations Ethan on your win last night, and Brandon on your 3rd place finish in the A Main at Beaver Dam
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline joeracer22

« Reply #98 on: April 22, 2012, 03:54:38 pm »
Congrats to Ethan Ross on his clean sweep last night. Looks like he's going to be tough this year.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #99 on: April 22, 2012, 06:47:28 pm »
CONGRATULATIONS ETHAN!!!!
GREAT START TO YOUR SEASON!
Looking forward to following you again this year.

ALL our best,

Steve & Rhonda

Offline Lochner Racing

• #23t Lochner Photography Ford
    • Lochner Racing
« Reply #100 on: April 23, 2012, 11:03:46 pm »
I dont have a legends car YET so I have been reading through the forums to answer a lot of my questions and find information that will be useful when I finally get one. already have 8 pages of notes after only 3 or 4 pages or topics lol Yall have a ton of great information on here!! Time to go back to my note taking :)

As far as my current racing goes, Had my third kart race of the year on saturday, raced with a three year old motor against fresh motors but managed to get a second out of seven drivers in my class, finished third on track out of the 15 total karts. The funny part is my fastest lap time was 2 seconds slower than every other drivers fastest lap O.o (My class likes to run into each other a lot, I guess they forget they are driving an open wheel racing machine??? IDK)

William
William Lochner                Lochner Racing
'37 Ford Sedan                    http://lochnerracing.weebly.com/

"The winner ain't the one with the fastest car , it's the one who refuses to lose"
- Dale Earnhardt Sr.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #101 on: April 23, 2012, 11:17:13 pm »
William,

Don't be shy now. Know you have been reading through old threads. Good place to start!
Ask whatever question you need to. Lots of fine folks here on the site willing to help you out however we can.

Congratulations on your second place finish (in class) and third place overall. Very good start to your season!

Best Of Luck this season!

Steve

Offline Lochner Racing

• Lochner Racing
« Reply #102 on: April 23, 2012, 11:44:50 pm »
Ok, I wont be shy then, whos got a car they are willing to part with?? for free?? haha

Ive had all of my questions answered so far, I am going to do a test drive over the summer and I will have a million questions after that.
I have two options, which do you think would be the best bang for the buck/value for experience..
$350 for six 10 lap sessions with nobody on the car run by lonestar legends at texas motor speedway
--or--
$500 for full race or four hour practice session, private help from a weekly racer, other cars on track which could make it a little uncomfortable for myself possibly, I wont know till I hit the track though.

Those are the two opportunities I have, I am just wondering what yall would do. the $500 option seems like the obvious one but I dont know about going out with other cars on the track in my very first time driving a legend car...

"The winner ain't the one with the fastest car , it's the one who refuses to lose"
- Dale Earnhardt Sr.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #103 on: April 24, 2012, 12:16:51 am »
We've had a few members who spent $50.00 for 10 laps and are currently driving legends or bando cars. It's addicting!
Don't know that you'll be able to score a free car; But if you bring along some solid sponsor money, I'll bet someone might let you drive.

There are a couple of old threads on driving schools and test rides. Even the $50 package gives you a little bit of instruction.

Offline Lochner Racing

• Lochner Racing
« Reply #104 on: April 24, 2012, 12:56:25 am »
I was just kidding about a free ride :) I want to own my own car, Ive got sponsorship packages in the works, going to start talking to people once I confirm I will be buying a car. Ill be happy if I actually have money after the first season lol

Ill look those up, didnt get around to that search yet.

Thanks as always for your help and info!!!

- Dale Earnhardt Sr.