Author Topic: How You Doing? 2012  (Read 177968 times)

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: How You Doing? 2012
« Reply #300 on: August 27, 2012, 01:06:45 am »
After 3-4 months of working two jobs, 80 hours a week, not racing, and basically wanting to just sleep during every second of my free time, I bought a legends car and am racing!!! I ran over 150 laps this weekend between a race school and all of the regular race program. I got to race against tons of great drivers including the Texas asphalt champion and all of his teammates! I have a LOT of work to do to get my driving anywhere near them!!!  ;D

As far as my weekend goes, I never finished last and the only thing that "broke" on the car was an air filter that popped off with 5 laps to go.

-William

Congratulations William!!!
I knew you would get there! Which racing school did you attend?
Will just take some seat time and figuring out what you need to adjust to really have some fun!  ;D

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline Lochner Racing

• #23t Lochner Photography Ford
    • Lochner Racing
« Reply #301 on: August 27, 2012, 01:12:32 am »
I did the Lonestar Legends driving school at Texas Motor Speedway.

Yup, Im not driving the car into the corner hard enough, I dont have the cojones to go full throttle into the corner yet!! I am getting my car set up by one of the top teams though so I know I have a good set-up, just need to get tons of seat time to get used to the car and how far I can push it
William Lochner                Lochner Racing
'37 Ford Sedan                    http://lochnerracing.weebly.com/

"The winner ain't the one with the fastest car , it's the one who refuses to lose"
- Dale Earnhardt Sr.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #302 on: August 27, 2012, 01:19:47 am »
I did the Lonestar Legends driving school at Texas Motor Speedway.

Yup, Im not driving the car into the corner hard enough, I dont have the cojones to go full throttle into the corner yet!! I am getting my car set up by one of the top teams though so I know I have a good set-up, just need to get tons of seat time to get used to the car and how far I can push it

;)
Will be fun to watch your progress!

Steve

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #303 on: September 01, 2012, 11:30:39 am »
6th last night at Chilton, but we only had 13 cars, and I was the last car on the lead lap  :-\
See how it goes at Beaver Dam tonight
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #304 on: September 01, 2012, 06:37:04 pm »
6th last night at Chilton, but we only had 13 cars, and I was the last car on the lead lap  :-\
See how it goes at Beaver Dam tonight

Have faith that things are turning around for you. Last week couple weeks have been good to you.
 8)

Steve & Rhonda

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #305 on: September 02, 2012, 12:03:20 am »
Was doing good tonight, atrted 6th, tried the high side...that didnt work, fell back to 11th.
Went down low and made it up to 5th plac... and was dumped coming out of turn 4 on the last lap.
Car is fine, feel bad for Chitty and DJ who wrecked because of it.

Season may be over, as I believe I broke something in my hand letting my anger out on the chain link fence in the pits...cant make a fist, my middle finger keeps popping out of joint. will see how it feels in the morning
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline trainoracing

« Reply #306 on: September 02, 2012, 01:38:15 pm »
Brandon Traino - 37 Chevy Sedan

We had an off weekend with our final year in 1/4 midgets, so we loaded up the legend for the 3 hour ride to Bethel Speedway.  First practice car was fast, 2nd round the car lost power.  It took a while to diagnose the problem.  We had a bad coil and were only running on 2 cylinders.  Luckily parts had replacements, but we missed the heat race.

Started last in the feature and drove the car up to 4th for Brandon's 2nd visit to Bethel.  Turned some heads last night.

ken traino
www.trainoracing.com

Offline Lochner Racing

• #23t Lochner Photography Ford
    • Lochner Racing
« Reply #307 on: September 06, 2012, 10:56:17 pm »
I'm in the process of completely rebuilding my car and it is goin awesome!! Learning a TON about the chassis! Got the body painted and getting placed back on the car. Can't wait to post a picture of my new car for y'all!
William Lochner                Lochner Racing
'37 Ford Sedan                    http://lochnerracing.weebly.com/

"The winner ain't the one with the fastest car , it's the one who refuses to lose"
- Dale Earnhardt Sr.

Offline HAMMERIN101

« Reply #308 on: September 07, 2012, 06:24:29 am »
Brandon Traino - 37 Chevy Sedan

We had an off weekend with our final year in 1/4 midgets, so we loaded up the legend for the 3 hour ride to Bethel Speedway.  First practice car was fast, 2nd round the car lost power.  It took a while to diagnose the problem.  We had a bad coil and were only running on 2 cylinders.  Luckily parts had replacements, but we missed the heat race.

Started last in the feature and drove the car up to 4th for Brandon's 2nd visit to Bethel.  Turned some heads last night.

ken traino
www.trainoracing.com
Congrats Brandon...........thanks for the beadlock and quickjack  Ken!!!!
Doug Hawkins #101

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #309 on: September 08, 2012, 08:13:55 pm »
Rained out tonight at Beaver Dam
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #310 on: September 08, 2012, 08:27:18 pm »
Closed for the Richmond race that is in rain delay
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline HAMMERIN101

« Reply #311 on: September 08, 2012, 11:03:13 pm »
put the engine in last night and fired it up.sounds good!!!!      carbs are peeing but other that it ran good!!!!   now for some dirt tires...lol
Doug Hawkins #101

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #312 on: September 08, 2012, 11:09:58 pm »
put the engine in last night and fired it up.sounds good!!!!      carbs are peeing but other that it ran good!!!!   now for some dirt tires...lol

Think I would figure out why the carbs are "peeing" before you invest in tires. Tires won't do you much good while your car is on fire.

Seriously; Don't think you have a huge problem, but I would resolve it before putting yourself in a potentially dangerous situation.
Check float levels, make sure vents are clear, etc... before moving on.

Steve

Offline Winterracing

• www.Winterracing.net
« Reply #313 on: September 08, 2012, 11:19:26 pm »
I'd say the floats might be hanging up but i'm no carb guy...

Well i finished 6th tonight, my best career finish in a legend car.  We could have thrown a blanket over 3rd to 7th which was cool.

Dan

Offline HAMMERIN101

« Reply #314 on: September 08, 2012, 11:22:35 pm »

Think I would figure out why the carbs are "peeing" before you invest in tires. Tires won't do you much good while your car is on fire.

Seriously; Don't think you have a huge problem, but I would resolve it before putting yourself in a potentially dangerous situation.
Check float levels, make sure vents are clear, etc... before moving on.

Steve
lol well fixing the carbs first was a given....probably just need some new float vlaves carbs have been sitttin but were clean
Doug Hawkins #101

anything