Author Topic: How You Doing 2011?  (Read 150124 times)

Offline joeracer22

Re: How You Doing 2011?
« Reply #120 on: July 04, 2011, 09:23:40 pm »
Saturday I ended up 6th after having a spark plug wire come off the plug and having run the feature on 3 cylinders. Congrats to Jim on his first top five!

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #121 on: July 04, 2011, 09:26:58 pm »
Thanks for taking some of the luster off my top 5 Joey...running on 3 cylinders and you were right behind me.
I'll just go crawl in a hole and die now
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline joeracer22

« Reply #122 on: July 04, 2011, 09:32:53 pm »
haha dont do that Jim you ran a good race!

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #123 on: July 04, 2011, 11:15:52 pm »
Was your streak of 30 some top 5's in a row broken?
That would make me feel better  ;D
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #124 on: July 05, 2011, 02:28:16 pm »
Congratulations on the top 5 Jim!

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #125 on: July 10, 2011, 06:42:26 am »
Jeff,

I hope you are feeling ok today. Heard about your flip.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #126 on: July 10, 2011, 09:26:03 am »
Insert any and all expletives here.

My car still does not have enough forward bite, so it was a weak night anyway, 6th in my heat, 10th in the feature out of 18 cars.

Someone in that family is going to kill somebody on the track. Daddy flipped Jeff, daughter drove me into the wall coming out of 4, ripped my LF off as she just stayed on the gas trying to get 10th place and then rippeed my RF off as she stayed on the gas until the wall stopped me. Then Daddy came by and actually hit us on the cool down lap...they both drove away, and I got the claw.  Too bad Mommy runs the track and nothing will be done about the rough driving family trait.
If it wouldnt have been a girl, there would of been some extra entertainment for the fans, someone would have got their ass kicked on the front straight.
Skipping Iowa tonight. Woke up as pissed off as I went to sleep, would just be headhunting down there for her, and I refuse to be that kind of driver.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #127 on: July 10, 2011, 09:39:18 am »
...and now I see she was scored ahead of me, in 9th, even though they had to lift her car off of my running board, so I was obviously ahead of her as the running board was still attached to the car, no thanks to her.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline Team Zero

« Reply #128 on: July 10, 2011, 10:18:23 am »
I hope everyone is alright from last night!! The situation of which Jim speaks is a big part of why I am just not into racing this year, I have never in my career which started as a kid in 1981 had this lack of "Drive" to show up and race!! EVERY situation I've had this year is with the same guy! And Jim when he stuffed me into the turn one wall if I could have got out of my car I was going after him! It's just a matter of time and he will be on his head this year!!

Who"s car was Jeff driving? and what are the details of what happened?
Brian Peterson

igotmylegend

« Reply #129 on: July 10, 2011, 10:42:26 am »
And who chopped the number 18 and put him on his lid?...........and he is the main reason I don't run dirt.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #130 on: July 10, 2011, 03:03:01 pm »
Jeff was trying to pass Mike high for a couple laps and Mike kept drifting up to pinch him off, so Jeff crossed to the low side and got next to him in turn one.
Jeff saw Mike turn his head and look at him, then Mike chopped down. Jeff had to make a choice, either hit a tractor tire with 100% chance of damage, or have Mike hit him and you get a 50% chance, so he held his line. He skipped his right rear over Mikes left front and I would bet that thing was 20 feet in the air. I saw a fender, then all of a sudden a car fall from the sky. Scary shit that never had to happen.

Everyone is fine. Jeff is obviously sore, but OK. Jeff was driving the car he built for Nationals (Gregs coupe), which he sold to move up to the Grand National. The guy said if he ever wanted to run it he could...I think I would have puked if that were my car flying through the air...its wrecked BAD, new Dano engine and all.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline CJ5

« Reply #131 on: July 10, 2011, 04:40:27 pm »
I honestly don't know how you guys do it. I know its the only place in town to run these cars, but I would have to crash that dude. Maybe I'm a bad sport but he seems to get worse as he gets away with it. I'm not talking about the track but the drivers that keep getting over it and not giving it back.
My first year I got 9 back bumpers torn off my car, I decided I would stop taking it and start giving it back and guess what. Those guys beating on me started giving me my fair share of race track. I don't think I'm a dirty driver but I believe if you let it happen the whole field will run you over.
 I guess you guys are better people than I am, because I get pissed watching him and I don't have to fix anything he wrecks.
Good Luck to all you guys
Chris
Full time Realtor Part time Racer. Whats wrong with this picture?

Offline Team Zero

« Reply #132 on: July 10, 2011, 05:24:20 pm »
I was done a month ago already with him! I will hold my line, however I will lift to make sure the #0 ain't the one flying and he knows it, he screws with me again I don't care if I finish 15th I will send a message! And that's what he needs to get it through his head, to be on it once or maybe twice!
Brian Peterson

Offline Legends57x

« Reply #133 on: July 10, 2011, 07:50:56 pm »
This is one of several reasons why we quit racing at Beaver Dam.  We put both of our cars on asphalt and having much more fun....enough said.  ::)
Mark Ritger
INEX Legends #1x

Offline Racinjj

• Steenbergen Motorsports
« Reply #134 on: July 15, 2011, 08:59:16 pm »
Thanks for the concern guys, it was a frustrated ordeal.  He is one of the main reasons why I left legends in the first place.  The car isnt as bad as I thought and it should be out next week.  I am doing the frame repair and all labor for free to get him back out since it was half my fault for being out there.
I am planning to go race Knoxville and get some sweet revenge.

You guys are spoiled with that new tire, lots of fun to drive and not scary on the edge.
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Racecar spelled backwards is racecar. Racecar upside down is expensive.