Author Topic: Information on Dirt Nationals  (Read 109420 times)

Offline Vern Houseman

Re: Information on Dirt Nationals
« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2010, 09:29:00 pm »
Thanks Jim I feel bad enoughhhhhhhhhhhh that dam 48 didnt realized the race  was still on and I wasnt ready to park my car.what was that guys name ?man I felt bad you blew your cooler after you ripped the front of my car,I was always told never hit a parked car ? lol hope you had a safe trip home Jim was great meeting you
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #76 on: October 18, 2010, 09:33:54 pm »
Stev you just have to understand, what everyone went through this past week everyone has the right in some way or another to vent, you just had to have been there  not bashing you stev I just still have my whats next face one lol
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #77 on: October 18, 2010, 09:38:50 pm »
Vern,

I do understand. I've been hearing the stories.
I'll just let it be.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #78 on: October 18, 2010, 10:20:59 pm »
Finally got to see the video of the green-white-checker finish of the semi pro race. Looked pretty exciting! Was sorry to see Scott lose that second place spot. Grant ran a very consistant race. Looked like DJ got a little high in 1 and 2. Great Job Guys!!!

Steve

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #79 on: October 18, 2010, 10:25:15 pm »
Stev who is that orange car 48 in the semi pro race ?
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline NJRacer510

• Team 510 Racing
« Reply #80 on: October 18, 2010, 10:33:07 pm »
With being able to attend both the asphalt and dirt nationals, I would like to give my opinion on what I saw throughout the weekends. At the asphalt nationals in Langley the only division that was there were Legends, but they did have a Thunder Car and Bandolero demonstration as well. The promoter of Langley Speedway was very much into and proud to host the Legends nationals with making everyone feel a part of the whole event. They took their time to make sure the track was clean and after every incident or oil down, they would not restart until the drivers were happy with the track. They gave everyone plenty of time in between races, and put on a very nice presentation for the ROC races along with the main events with driver introductions and trophy ceremonies. Even in the YL race they brought the kids out on a tricked out school bus to make it more fun for the kids and fans. Everything was done in a very professional manner and it was a great event to experience.

Now when we arrived at Springfield Raceway and saw the track I first thought that it looked like a nice track to hold such an event but after the weekend started my opinion changed. The first thing I noticed is the lack of track prep, throughout three days the crew did nothing much other than scrape the track and water it down. I wish I knew that ahead of time or I would have brought our asphalt cut tires with out because by the end of the weekend it was an asphalt track. With the track hosting a national event I know plenty of others including myself felt that it was disrespectful towards the Legends division that they had other classes and tried to run the event like a regular night race. On Thursday with open practice, they gave a total of 2.5 hours which after everyone got out you were lucky to get out for three 10 lap sessions because of the other divisions being there. On Friday, the track promoter would not give anyone time to go over their cars with rushing people through qualifying and right into heat races,  they didn't even post the times or heat race lineups. Now with the ROC races usually they let the drivers draw for position and do a driver introduction which the track did not do. On top of that they didn't even give Krentz enough time to do a trophy ceremony.

On Saturday they had a quick round of practice and then re qualified the semi pros due to transponder issues. With having only a-mains to run it took some convincing on Krentz's part to get the promoter of Springfield to allow us to do driver introductions and trophy ceremonies. After practice Krentz did a quick ceremony for the winners of the ROC races, when he did that the promoter was yelling at the pit box that he didn't approve that it he didn't have time for "this shit" So when it came time to run the main races they did go along with Krentz but you could see that the promoter didn't want to. So after the pro race which I was in, while we were in tech the track promoter shut the lights down, locked up and left while Scott and the other INEX officials are doing tech with flashlights.

After speaking with people from that area it seems like there are really good race tracks and competitive racing out that way but if they hold the Nationals at Springfield Raceway again I am sure they will not have many cars. I really do feel sorry for the people who attended the dirt nationals because they did not get to experience what I was able to down at Langley the weekend before.  Congratulations to all the the winners at both the asphalt and dirt nationals of 2010.

TM
www.team510racing.com
TODD McCOLLUM #m1
www.TEAM510RACING.com

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #81 on: October 18, 2010, 11:21:44 pm »
Just wanted to try to get the thread back on track.
Still catching bits and pieces from videos.

Congratulations Scott!!! And Thanks for helping promote the site. Those are sure nice decals!  ;)

Steve

For your information Mr Steve, I left my Legendsracer decal on when I peeled the rest off...I guess I have to take a picture or be banned for life!
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #82 on: October 18, 2010, 11:30:21 pm »
Stev who is that orange car 48 in the semi pro race ?
Dave Fraser, Sheboygan Wisconsin.
Not the first time the orange 48 has caused carnage. His Dad was the one that started my stunt show at Chilton in 2008, and also broke a kids neck at Nationals the same year if I recall. They disappeared for a year, now his son is driving, but he's just like dad when behind the wheel. Those are just 2 examples, I have more, but not as spectacular. That car must be bulletproof, it seems like its everyone else that gets wrecked and whoever is driving it gets away unharmed
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #83 on: October 18, 2010, 11:38:06 pm »
Thanks Jim I feel bad enoughhhhhhhhhhhh that dam 48 didnt realized the race  was still on and I wasnt ready to park my car.what was that guys name ?man I felt bad you blew your cooler after you ripped the front of my car,I was always told never hit a parked car ? lol hope you had a safe trip home Jim was great meeting you

Right back at you. Trip home was fine, a little sore, but fine. Good to finally meet some people on here. I've had alot of cars park in front of me this season, Hell, I even hit my other car this year.
I'm just glad this season is over, its been my worst so far.

Time to finish Canadianing...Canadizing...Canucking...I dont know the word, but most of you know what I mean....my garage and rebuild for next year.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #84 on: October 18, 2010, 11:51:54 pm »
Thank You Jim for helping promote the site!  ;)

So are you trying to say your going to heat your garage floor?  ;D

Steve

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #85 on: October 19, 2010, 06:30:37 am »
well I guees the next big question is ?????? where are nationals next year ? and who is going ? lol and I will paint my car orange so when I take a certain person out no one will know it was me ? lol no just kinding.
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #86 on: October 19, 2010, 08:17:40 am »
There is talk that perhaps Beaver Dam will host the Nationals next year.
Just rumor at this point.

Steve

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #87 on: October 19, 2010, 10:05:18 am »
Hey Vern,
I forgot to ask, did I hit you on the VMS Motorsports decal?
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #88 on: October 19, 2010, 10:27:56 am »
Jim I should have got one of your VMS stickers for my car.
I vote for Eldora for the Nationals next year. How cool would it be to have it there and it would truly be nuetral site. See you all next year no matter where they have it if the they have a dirt Nationals next year for Legends. The have one for new dirt car and phase out Legends on dirt. Just saying.

Scott
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #89 on: October 19, 2010, 01:06:24 pm »
I was not there Todd, but from personal experience I find it hard to believe that Jerry did almost no track prep all weekend.  He has always worked hard to make sure there is a good track so I just do not believe that he decided to sit on the sidelines and do nothing for 3 days.  Also, I posted on here a link to track pictures from the week before so that everyone could see how the track progresses.  With the type of clay in Southern Missouri, it dries out as the evening goes on and takes rubber.  Dirt is different in other parts of the country, but this is what we race on every weekend.  From what I understand, there were no pot holes and snapping suspension pieces off in the ruts.  Also find it hard to believe that INEX had this perfectly planned weekend set out and it was just the local guy who screwed up the schedule, transponders, etc.  The tracks who volunteer to host the dirt nationals must be out of their mind.  To put up with INEX, the cost of putting on the show (including even hotel for INEX officials), promoting the deal with no help from the sanctioning body, then to get blamed for anything and everything that happens.       

anything