Author Topic: Information on Dirt Nationals  (Read 109399 times)

Offline Racinjj

• Steenbergen Motorsports
Re: Information on Dirt Nationals
« Reply #90 on: October 19, 2010, 01:56:14 pm »
Jerry definitely put a lot of time into the track and it showed, it was awesome all three nights.  My only issue was with the local classes running before the Legends were done.  The track was rough, like racing on cobblestone roads, but I think thats what you get with that kind of dirt.

Darryl Krentz screwed up and appologized way to many times for his errors.  You can tell he puts no extra effort into the dirt nationals, its too bad. 
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Racecar spelled backwards is racecar. Racecar upside down is expensive.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #91 on: October 19, 2010, 02:10:47 pm »
I had no problem with the track surface as said earlier, everything else was screwed up, on INEX's part and how the track handled it.
Darrel and INEX messed it up royally, but the track owner screaming and swearing at us to just get in our cars and get to staging over and over when we had no line-ups or qualifying results, trying to hurry everything through like we were a burden to him, and shutting off the lights and going home can't be blamed on INEX.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline NJRacer510

• Team 510 Racing
« Reply #92 on: October 19, 2010, 04:56:01 pm »
I am not looking to argue but what I stated before is from what I saw, and things I gathered from Krentz when my father had breakfast with him on Saturday morning. Throughout the three day's I never saw the track cut/turned over once. I did see them scrape the track and water it down but they never did anything to get water underneath the surface. You are correct though by saying different parts of the country have different types of tracks, with that being said in my opinion a real dirt track has wet/tacky surface where you come off the track and there is mud on your car. Occasionally you will have ruts and broken parts but that's part of dirt racing.

If you did not know this, I didn't preregister and when we wrote a check out it was to Springfield Raceway, not US Legends. So the track does make some profit off the event, they get all of the entry fees. Krentz told us that US Legends does not make any money off the event, the track gets everything and in return the track needs to put up a few $ for them to stay in a hotel.

Two years ago they had the nationals at Big Diamond Speedway(PA) which was the biggest ever, last year they had it at East Lincoln Speedway(NC), this year was Springfield Raceway(MO) so although I hear good things about Beaver Dam, I would say it would only be fair to bring it somewhere else. I know Springfield considers itself a 1/4 mile but I would have to disagree on that. I would say Accord Speedway, NY which is just over 1/4 mile and would be a great place to hold the event. Its a small high banked track with a great facility and they really have their act together. Northeast Legends is planning to run a full schedule in 2011 so it would give people plenty of time to come out and test before hand.

TM
www.team510racing.com

TODD McCOLLUM #m1
www.TEAM510RACING.com

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #93 on: October 19, 2010, 05:28:57 pm »
Roof cam video of Vern and I having a chance meeting on the racing surface:
http://vmsmotorsports.com/
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #94 on: October 19, 2010, 05:33:47 pm »
Jim,
That one was clearly Vern's fault for not having a brighter painted car.   :)

Hope the cars are not torn up too badly. 

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #95 on: October 19, 2010, 05:47:23 pm »
Nobody knows where the money goes, and everyone is going to lie when they are asked.

The track has to pay INEX to have the Nationals there. Do they make money on it? Maybe, maybe not, can't say, as I don't know the numbers.

Let's not start the next year it should be back East again crap already, wait a month or so, OK?
You had Pennsylvania and NC in '08 and '09.  Fair would be North Dakota, as they have alot of dirt drivers and nice facilities to choose from there.

I know, the only "real" dirt drivers are from the Northeast, you're "the best", we've all heard it already.

Missouri was a good logistical choice, as it is about as centrally located as you can get, and it will be somewhere else less convenient for some and closer for other drivers next year.

Yes, some people had to drive more than my 616 miles each way, and some less. It's not a requirement to go though.

The car count sucked, but I bet that the majority of the 13 drivers  from Wisconsin that made up the 60 car turnout aren't going to go to New York in October.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #96 on: October 19, 2010, 05:50:23 pm »
Jim,
That one was clearly Vern's fault for not having a brighter painted car.   :)

Hope the cars are not torn up too badly. 

I had just committed to going under the 23, then there's Vern, doing his nails in the middle of the track.
He could have been glow in the dark pink, I still would have hit him. Mines pretty rough, but the season is over here anyway. He had another race he was going to, so I hope he got it back together
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #97 on: October 19, 2010, 06:11:43 pm »
Yes JIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM your dam sticker is comming off my car for good, you are costing me too much..... I laughed the other nite ,when I thought about we talked about ,where your sticker ends up on my car and what gets damaged...... lol yes I was tore up bad too but what sucks it shouldnt have been from watching jims video seems like everyone was driving hard and clean, but mr dum aaaaa was all over the place.again sorry jim hated to end it like that .
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #98 on: October 19, 2010, 06:26:45 pm »
Did full results ever get released for each class?  Springfield usually puts them out pretty quickly, but they only released results for the support classes.  Are there appeals or inspection issues keeping INEX from releasing results?  Was not sure if something was going on behind the scenes. 

FFmedic

« Reply #99 on: October 19, 2010, 06:31:56 pm »
Nobody knows where the money goes, and everyone is going to lie when they are asked.

The track has to pay INEX to have the Nationals there. Do they make money on it? Maybe, maybe not, can't say, as I don't know the numbers.

Let's not start the next year it should be back East again crap already, wait a month or so, OK?
You had Pennsylvania and NC in '08 and '09.  Fair would be North Dakota, as they have alot of dirt drivers and nice facilities to choose from there.

I know, the only "real" dirt drivers are from the Northeast, you're "the best", we've all heard it already.

Missouri was a good logistical choice, as it is about as centrally located as you can get, and it will be somewhere else less convenient for some and closer for other drivers next year.

Yes, some people had to drive more than my 616 miles each way, and some less. It's not a requirement to go though.

The car count sucked, but I bet that the majority of the 13 drivers  from Wisconsin that made up the 60 car turnout aren't going to go to New York in October.

Well said Jim... well said

Gimpster

« Reply #100 on: October 19, 2010, 07:00:23 pm »
Hahahaha.... just setting there doing his nails !!!
that was freekin funny !! (I needed the laugh)

Check this out (thanks again Cameron)

~ Gimpster ~

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #101 on: October 19, 2010, 08:07:57 pm »
results ??????? lol we will get them next week and they will be wroung.......and then we all will have to go back and do the nationals all over ....wow sounds like last weekend lol
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #102 on: October 19, 2010, 08:36:22 pm »
Yes JIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM your dam sticker is comming off my car for good, you are costing me too much..... I laughed the other nite ,when I thought about we talked about ,where your sticker ends up on my car and what gets damaged...... lol yes I was tore up bad too but what sucks it shouldnt have been from watching jims video seems like everyone was driving hard and clean, but mr dum aaaaa was all over the place.again sorry jim hated to end it like that .

I guess you don't want a big decal for the roof for next year?  ;D
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #103 on: October 19, 2010, 08:45:21 pm »

Stop apologizing, it was a racing incident...I just have had waaaay too many of them this year
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline NJRacer510

• Team 510 Racing
« Reply #104 on: October 19, 2010, 08:50:44 pm »

I didn't say anything about about the drivers in my post, some of the people we met out there are really nice people and good/clean drivers.  All I said was in my opinion is dirt track racing is wet/tacky muddy tracks when you come off and your covered in mud. Going through 20 tear offs in one night, and have to power wash the car the next day. The track surface out there was more like the 2010 Asphalt Nationals Part Deuce LOL. All I hope is for next year the Dirt Nationals will be at a track where the track allows Krentz to put on a true National event and not being rushed through everything.

Michigan has some really cool dirt tracks like Crystal Speedway or Owendale Speedway, Ohio has a cool track called BushCreek Speedway. There are some cool tracks on the western side of Pa like CentralPa Speedway. I just hope they can find a location to draw 80-100 cars so it can be more fun for everyone. I think Eldora would be cool just because of track itself. Hell I didn't even make it into the A-main at the Asphalt Nationals and I can truely say the show was just that much better throughout the weekend.

Springfield was 1200 miles or so each way for us, 18 hours of driving time.
TODD McCOLLUM #m1
www.TEAM510RACING.com

anything