Author Topic: Information on Dirt Nationals  (Read 109333 times)

Offline Vern Houseman

Re: Information on Dirt Nationals
« Reply #135 on: October 21, 2010, 11:58:27 am »
Well in a nut shelll >>>>>>>>>> the whole weekend dirt deal suckeddddd and I wished I would have never went, besides meeting new freinds and people from here it would have been a total lose for me ........Vern    you should see my finger nails ;)
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #136 on: October 21, 2010, 12:21:40 pm »
That is a well worded nutshell Vern, I echo the sentiment, but I haven't seen your nails, hope I didn't cause you to smudge one  :D
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline JC38

« Reply #137 on: October 21, 2010, 12:26:11 pm »
oh i couldnt agree more that it sucked Friday,  everybody can blame the track all they want and they did have some fault. but my opinion, it all comes down to 600. the track owner and darrell did not communicate well until the big or deal happened friday night. Then saturday seemed to be alot better. and the mirror situition needs to be NO MIRRORS on any track for that matter. why do you need mirrors they just cause wrecks. And the owner of the track told Darrell before they came no mirrors and 600 ignored him. sorry thats not right! hopefully next year the race track officals and 600 will be better were ever we go! I race at springfield weekly and we are always treated fair and it was a big mess at Nationals and im sorry. i just hate everyone bashing Springfield on here when i know 600 is always to blame when it comes to the dirt guys. 600 need to have a director for dirt and one for asphalt. things would be alot better. but we know that will never happen.
Justin Comer #38

Offline Legend 12

« Reply #138 on: October 21, 2010, 12:51:39 pm »
ok let me see if i can clear up some things, first i didn't even see Darrel on thursday and i was there pretty early(not saying he wasn't there, i just didn't see him), second Friday no one was there to tell us where to even get a transponder, then i had to go to the grandstand tower to get one (usually have gotten one when i signed in at the other nationals so i agrre with Scott), INEX had the transponders not the track, then when hot laps was almost over i was told you have to hot lap to see if your transponder is working and get a time (never heard one word about it and was at my trailer in the pits the whole time) , i blame this on the track pit anouncer IF HE KNEW otherwise INEX, heat races i didn't know crap about what was going on just like the rest of you, and yes this was INEX's fault as Darrel was doing the lineups just like he does every national event. In a nut shell Friday was a cluster.... as the right hand didn't know what the left hand was doin and visa-versa. So saturday after asking what the heck is going on here, i was told that the track  owner, director and Darrell had lunch to day and went over things, that it would be better today, then Darrell apologizes for the friday fiasco that it was his fault.  If darrell would have just been up front on the timing thing they could have re-timed Friday night but hitting the wrong buttons i was told just had him in a confused state. Darrel, hey it happens , just be open and honest with us, we can take it.  Sat. was much better because we had a schedule and line-ups and everone was cool (I think). Guys the dirt racing is 10% of legend racing (straight number direct from INEX) so you do the math and see why dirt legend racing gets nothing.
i had the reporter in my son's car (don't think he got it out of 2nd gear) getting video and also did an interview (but i sucked) with him for the sports cast that night, even had some people call and tell me about it.(they told me i sucked too lol). Lets face it we can throw the blame around forever  but it came down to one thing COMMUNICATION BETWEEN INEX AND TRACK . (wasn't any on thur. or fri.)

Mirrors, someone tell me why you need mirrors on a dirt track? so you can see the blurry car behind you? or so you can missyour entry into the next corner? i don't know but asphalt i understand, it can be swept off the surface. biut for dirt it getsembeeded in the surface which is why track owners do not allow mirrors on dirt. and i for one do not want a flat tire with these new federals because someone needed to run a mirrow so he could see who was behind him on a caution.

By the way Scott, had a good time talking with you and your dad before you left Sunday, gave your dad my card so keep in touch.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #139 on: October 21, 2010, 12:57:42 pm »
"600 need to have a director for dirt"

Since the deal for the track I was going to open has fallen through, I'll take that job, not that it will ever come about.

As I said, it was everybodys fault...it just sucked, but it's done and gone.

I for one can't wait to start tearing the cars down for next year
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline JC38

« Reply #140 on: October 21, 2010, 02:27:51 pm »
Yes it is a done deal. wish things could of went like saturday night for the whole weekend. But for the most part i think the actual racing was really good,  no body in any class ran off with it and most of the races were down to the last couple of laps on who was going to win. I have to say goodjob to my fellow Missouri racers i race with every weekend. we had a 2nd, 4th  and a 5th in YL, a   1st and a 5th in SP, a 5th in M. and a 3rd in the P and we won the Masters race of Champions. Not bad, good job Missouri guys!
Justin Comer #38

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #141 on: October 21, 2010, 02:45:20 pm »
I was surprised there weren't more Missouri guys there...?
We had 14 Wisconsinites, plus 3 Iowa drivers that race with us at Beaver Dam,
So, since we're handing out props (glad things are getting positive as the ill feelings are wearing off a little):

2nd & 4th in the Semi Pro Race of Champions
3rd in Young Lions Main
4th & 6th in Semi Pro Main
5th in Pro Main
2nd, 3rd, & 4th in Masters Main
we also had 2 heat race wins, one in Pro (Schmitt20) and one in Masters

And I beat Vern for second last in Semi Pro  ;D

On WISCONSIN!
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline Legend 12

« Reply #142 on: October 21, 2010, 03:02:57 pm »
yea we only had 16 guys, one guy didn't want to spend the 150 for a license sense he started so late (only 2 races), another guy said he couldn't keep up with anyone lately so he wasn't comin and then i got this one guy who drives a red and white  95 car his wife is expecting twins so i don't know why he wasn't there lol (sorry JG but had to jab at you a little)

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #143 on: October 21, 2010, 03:13:06 pm »
Still no babies? Thought he would have had them induced to back up his excuse for not coming!
I'm disappointed  ;D
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #144 on: October 21, 2010, 03:19:32 pm »
No babies yet, but it could happen any day.  She is scheduled to be induced November 11th if they do not arrive on there own before then.  Getting down to Springfield the weekend before for a one day deal was workable, but a weekend of nationals would have gotten me into trouble.  Hope to make it down there for the Thanksgiving weekend race at Springfield, with the proper approvals from the boss.     ;)

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #145 on: October 21, 2010, 03:54:52 pm »
Well Mr Jim if you wouldnt have taken me out............I would have finished in front of you ? perhaps lol but its over and its all good. lol..........I know one thing I bet my finger nails look better than yours ? lol And if one of your chees head buddies would learn how to drive I think we would have been in the game a little longer ?
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #146 on: October 21, 2010, 05:53:38 pm »
Actually Vern, being a salesperson, my nails are quite nice, thank you very much!

Heres a picture of the Beaver Dam group (minus Brandon) from Nationals
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #147 on: October 21, 2010, 06:30:47 pm »
Dam Jim you didnt get my car ?????   only thing I see is our ops johns trailer ...... talk about feeling left out lol
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #148 on: October 21, 2010, 07:23:00 pm »
Sorry Vern, don't recall you running at Beaver Dam this season...
 :)
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline NJRacer510

• Team 510 Racing
« Reply #149 on: October 21, 2010, 08:01:54 pm »
Yes, a slick/dry track does make you better but most times its not a real racey surface. You typically get better races with a wet/tacky track. I still say the track could have been better, the track took rubber and when that happens it starts to become an asphalt race.

On the mirrors, its an Inex rule you are allowed to run them and Inex is higher than the track so the promoter should have accepted that. Just like throughout the year if you have a problem you can submit the situation to Inex and they can make a call which sometimes over goes the tracks call.

I second the idea that they should promote the dirt nationals more and get more purse money involved. What may help is if Inex selects 3 tracks in different locations and puts a vote online then the most votes is where it will be held. Maybe that will help increasee the car count.
TODD McCOLLUM #m1
www.TEAM510RACING.com

anything