Author Topic: Information on Dirt Nationals  (Read 109368 times)

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
Re: Information on Dirt Nationals
« Reply #120 on: October 20, 2010, 02:56:48 pm »
Theres a link on USLC website for the 2010 Dirt Nationals results, but it comes up as an error, the page cannot be found...how fitting, kind of like my qualifying times!
 ::)
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline NJRacer510

• Team 510 Racing
« Reply #121 on: October 20, 2010, 03:50:34 pm »
There was a little over 150 cars at the asphalt nationals, some didn't make it past the first couple days due to engine failures and wrecks but there was that many. The PRO Division has a total of 49 cars which 28 started the B main, I started 23rd out of the 28 cars, they took 5 cars from the B main and another 5 cars from provisional wins. So a total of 30 cars started the A main for the Pro division.

I guess although some of us have our different opinions it seems like everyone agrees that INEX treats dirt legends racing like the redheaded step child. Also, about the INEX not sanctioned tracks larger than 1/2 mile is nothing but a farce. There is a track in New York ShangriLa II Speedway which is a large 1/2 mile and it is sanctioned, the track is so large for Legends cars that there is a 3.73 gear rule. The track is amazingly fast and dangerous and it shows due to their low car counts.

I agree with all the recent previous posts, USLC should take that money and divide it up evenly and put more effort into what is already here. There is so much potential with the Legends cars on asphalt and dirt but it seems like their content with the way things are and all the negativity going against them. I will say this though, B. Smith didn't buy USLC from H.Wheeler to not make money, so if USLC starts to lose money I am sure Smith won't be happy.

This is what irritates me the most, you see what is there and what it can be but they just really don't give a damn.
TODD McCOLLUM #m1
www.TEAM510RACING.com

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #122 on: October 20, 2010, 04:49:19 pm »
Just going by what I've been told by some USLC dealers on the 1/2 mile deal
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline Schmitt20

« Reply #123 on: October 20, 2010, 09:03:55 pm »
I ran at knoxville when the WoO nationals were going on(there was 14 of us and it wasn't sanctioned, it was a charity race for the C.O.P.S organization. we only got 15 laps)  it was fast but since the corners are so much more longer you really dont notice the speeds. I agree it is dangerous and theres no room for error. It wasn't very racey either. Pretty much just hold the bottom. Sorry this is kinda off topic

Offline NJRacer510

• Team 510 Racing
« Reply #124 on: October 20, 2010, 10:24:16 pm »
You are right about the track sizes, it does say that in the rulebook but lately it seems funny that many of the rules are getting changed as we go during the racing season or most of them are now saying up to the discretion of the Inex official. Basically it means, it all depends on who you are. LOL
TODD McCOLLUM #m1
www.TEAM510RACING.com

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #125 on: October 20, 2010, 11:12:59 pm »
Still an Error from USLC's website, but Legendsnation has the results as follows (HEY VERN, I BEAT YA!  ;D ::) ):

Legends Dirt Nationals Results from Springfield Raceway

10-20-2010 | Track News

On Wednesday, October 20th, US Legend Cars International / INEX released the official results from the 2010 Legends Car Dirt Nationals, which took place October 15th and 16th at Springfield Raceway (MO).  Below are the results, according to released information.

Race of Champions: SP / YL

1 Bill Diehl  SP

2 Grant Greenfield SP

3 Paul Mc Collum  SP

4 Dallas Ross SP

5 Cameron Sogge SP

6 Vernon Houseman SP

7 Landis Hartranft SP

8 Colt Pruente (First Y/L)

9 Chandler LeVan YL

Race of Champions: P / M

1 Dave Comer M

2 Donavin Wiest P

3 Park Jones P

4 Rob Watson M

5 Tim Brockhouse

6 Buddy Goudy

7 Greg Hartlaub

8 Kyle Weatherman

9 Brandon Schmitt

10 Keith Meyer

11 Todd Mc Collum

12 Warren Ropp

13 Vince Melone

14 Justin Comer

15 Allen Gattis

16 James Black

Main - Young Lions

1 Chandler LeVAn

2 Billy Cottril

3 BJ Bares (Bates)

4 Colt Pruente

5 Matt Grunenberg

6 Issac Sherman

Main - Semi-Pro

1 Jason Rayle

2 Bill Diehl

3 Scott Wilkerson

4 Grant Greenfield

5 Jay Reynolds

6 Dallas Ross

7 Rod Baird

8 Luke Polzin

9 Robert Shatz

10 Dave Frasier

11 Tim Simpson

12 Loren Zuhike Jr

13 Landis Hartranft

14 Cameron Sogge

15 Paul McCollum

16 Brian Boucher

17 Tyler Horton

18 Jim Bucher

19 Vernon Houseman

Main - Pro

1 Donavin Wiest

2 Kyle Beattie

3 Justin Comer

4 Todd Mc Collum

5 Brandon Schmitt

6 Kyle Weatherman

7 Jeff Steenbergen

8 Allen Gattis

9 Alex Kempf

10 Vince Melone

11 Cam Schafer

12 Jeremy Meyer

13 Park Jones

14 Chuck Comer

15 Carson Graham

16 Troy Speten

17 Bethany Wyttenbach

Main - Masters

1 Tim Brockhouse

2 Eric Barth

3 Brian Peterson

4 Keith Meyer

5 Dave Comer

6 Buddy Goudy

7 Warren Ropp

8 Rick Nichols

9 Bill Cottril

10 Phil Harris

11 Dave Shafer

12 Kevin Schultz

13 David Bauer

14 Mike Mueller

15 Rob Watson

15 John Kerchner

16 Greg HartLaub

17 James Black

DNS Robert Gayton

DNS Don Reynolds
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline JC38

« Reply #126 on: October 20, 2010, 11:15:15 pm »
I just want to comment on the races at Springfield. I know friday was a messed up deal. but that was nothing to do with the track. that was all 600.  And another reason from what i heard was the owner of the track did not want mirrors ran, and darrell said to bad they are running them. now if you owed a track and someone came in and started telling you what you can and cant do. wouldnt that piss you off? i think it would. So i think thats why things were rushed around friday night more then they should of been. and about the the locations of the nationals and how many cars show up. it doesnt matter where you have it at, 600 DOES NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT DIRT OR DO THEY CARE ABOUT THE DIRT CARS OR DRIVERS. They will never promote it or do anything like they do for the asphalt nationals, so everybody complaining including myself are just wasting are breath. and for the car counts. hell look at it last year when it was carolina. there wasnt that many cars. AND NO ONE IN THE STANDS! i knoticed someone on here complained about the surface at Springfield, crap it was so rough at East lincoln i thought i was  on a four wheeler trail out in the sticks somewhere, i know it rained but damn!  I know alot of people on here are bitching about having nationals in Missouri, but i think it should be held at Lucus oil Speedway every year in Wheatland MO. That is by far the nicest Dirt track around anywhere, or have it at Lowes motor speedway dirt track or Texas motor speedway dirt track. Have it at a well known track. but you almost have to have some support classes with Legends when you run them, people like to see other classes ran at big events. you look at most all of the big latemodel shows, there is usually a support class ran with them. And for the comment about how the track was dry slick at Springfield, it was slick but im sorry everybody is fast when its tacky out. the slick tracks make you a better driver, and if you can be fast on the slick you wont have a problem when its tacky, and if you had the wrong setup under your car, im sorry read the track better and make changes to it!  And another thing if someone wants to have it at there local track next year and you want a car count, try and talk to your promoter and get some sponsors and add some more money to the purse on top of what 600 pays you, that will draw some more cars.
Justin Comer #38

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #127 on: October 21, 2010, 06:14:07 am »
Thank You Jim!

A big Thanks to Cam for posting the videos as quickly as he could!

Welcome aboard JC38!

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Iwantalegend

« Reply #128 on: October 21, 2010, 08:57:15 am »
I`m new to legend racing but been racing for 20 + years, just what Jim did seems to be the way to do it. I`ve been waiting sense last weekend to find out how the Wisconsin nites did and without Jim posting the results we would still be waiting (thanks Jim). Now the mirror thing is what happens when you let tracks make there own rules, but when you run the nationals you need to come setup with 600 rules because that is who is running it NOT the track, and if they (the track and 600) can`t come up with a solution then the drivers at the drivers meeting need to hash it out. It just seems that we as drivers and crew need to help our selfs to keep everyone informed as to what is going on out here in the dirt world.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #129 on: October 21, 2010, 09:36:05 am »
When we asked about mirrors at the drivers meeting, we were told "if you have them, run them", case closed. That was the entire conversation, in public at least. No idea about behind closed doors. It was probably about 50/50 cars with/without mirrors.

JC38, you're right in the fact that the line-up issues Friday were 600's doing, but the way the track handled them was equally frustrating, if not more. Everybody was at fault for the Friday debacle.

USLC for screwing up royally and not being prepared in the least, and the track for not being able to handle it whatsoever. At least where I'm from, when people come from all over the country and pay $100 per person to race at your facility, you dont just repeatedly scream and swear at them until they go away. The track was too concerned with taking care of the 20 cars in their local classes and getting out of there early to take a few minutes, step back, and think of a way to ease the growing frustration. Instead they poured fuel on the fire by treating us like we were all juvenile delinquent rapist baby killers.
No one who runs a business should be yelling at their customers to "get in your f-ing cars and get to lineup, are you stupid?" "Whats so hard, just get in your car! We'll line you up!" "If you dont have any friends, find someone to tell you where to line up" over and over, louder and louder until finally everyone just went away because we were sick of being screamed at.
So there I sat, in my car, 4th car to get  to the staging area where I was screamed at to go to. Sat the 15 minutes or so before the young lions race. Sat while the young lions ran their heat. Then I sat the 20 minutes before the first semi-pro heat, then through the first semi-pro heat, then through the 2nd semi-pro heat. Then through the delay until they figured out to send the remaining semi-pro's (4 cars) out onto the track, all the while the track guy who was sending the heats out just repeatedly told my pit crew, "he's not on the list" and kept walking away. 

So, yes, the problem started with USLC's ineptness, but it was compunded by the track management.

Saturday it was like a whole new world, with apologies and smiles all around, but Friday... everyone involved F-ed up big time. I do believe 1 or 2 cars just left after Friday, not due to mechanical issues, but due to the horrendous treatment from the track.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline rob

• J & R Motorsports
« Reply #130 on: October 21, 2010, 10:00:49 am »
Did you guys use transponders, or was timing done by the tower.
I did not have a dog in this fight but I would think if you were using transponders the track should have had times posted after every run.
Being at the asphalt nats the track was pretty much responsible for the running of the event, as you guys, we only had Darrell  and Scott present. So I may be wrong but I feel the problem may be with the track.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #131 on: October 21, 2010, 10:17:31 am »
We used transponders. I had no practice times posted after Thursday, so I talked to Darrell Friday and he said that they would let me know when I went out for qualifying if my transponder didn't work, and they didn't say it didn't work. He said he must have hit the wrong button or something

To his credit, Darrell took the blame for Fridays issues right off the bat on Saturday.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #132 on: October 21, 2010, 10:54:18 am »
I agree on having it at Wheatland.  They could put gravel on the track and I would still go.  That place is pretty cool.  Look up their website if you get a chance.  Mr. Lucas is not shy about spending money on his track.   

On dirt nationals, nearly every year it seems to be a matter of INEX and the track not having everything sorted out before hand.  If the track thinks that they are running the show and INEX thinks that they are running the show, then things will get screwed up.  Meet on it however many times needed before hand and put it on paper, but things like schedules, trophy presentations, mirrors, etc. should not be decided on the fly.  If things are decided on the fly, then they at least need to have it decided on who makes the call.   

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #133 on: October 21, 2010, 10:57:47 am »
We didn't get the transponders until Friday morning. If we would have got them Thursday (which is what has happend the last four years) I think we wouldn't have had any problems but Darrel said that the airline lost Scott's luggage. What he ment to say is that they forgot to charge them, which he said later...It kind of sucked not knowing your times Thursday too.

Scott
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #134 on: October 21, 2010, 11:05:13 am »
I had my own transponder, thats the only reason I knew something was up
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100