Author Topic: How You Doing? 2010.......  (Read 169819 times)

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
Re: How You Doing? 2010.......
« Reply #270 on: August 29, 2010, 10:39:49 pm »
You cannot use shake and bake on a 16th and 17th 1 lap down.
Just for that you will never borrow my copy of Talladega Nights...and I get to be Ricky Bobby next year  ;D
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline TG01

« Reply #271 on: August 29, 2010, 10:42:44 pm »
Oh.... Well then I guess we will have to have a family outing at your place some Saturday night this off season so I can watch the non Tv version of that wonderful classic to be movie.

Offline djracing

• Global Moderator
    • DJ Ross Racing
« Reply #272 on: August 30, 2010, 09:40:41 am »
Won my heat race finished 4th in the feature. Ethan finally got his car setup pretty quick again but now he has to rebuild the right front of the car. At least it wasnt the left front... again. At least he said it wasn't a hard hit at all just tore up the car.

Offline LJ81

« Reply #273 on: August 30, 2010, 02:24:38 pm »
I know I'm bout ready to freakin' scream. We've been on a helluva learning curve. Started the year out great for first 6 races or so then it's been down hill. Two front clips had to go to the backup chassis. Got it fast from the git-go but tough luck. 4 weeks back running 4th pushing for 3rd a spindle bolt came out then the handling went to crap. The following race 2 weeks later wasn't bad finished 3rd. Then last saturday thought I was finally getting the monkey off back. I won the heat. Slipped back to 4th during the main. Worked my way to the lead with 4 laps left and pulling. Went into turn 1 coming to the white the trailing arm bolt broke in half costing me the win. So I've learned to double check that bolt now atleast every other race.
Lee Jordan
LJ Dezigns
Screen Printing, Embroidery, Decal Graphics, & Logo Design
803-329-8337
Check out the LJ Dezigns web for monthly specials!
www.ljdezigns.net

Offline Bigmil

• Started racing in 2009
    • Bigmil Motorsports
« Reply #274 on: August 30, 2010, 04:29:15 pm »
Talk about double checking bolts.....

I got the car put back together for the 100 laper Saturday night.  Had 25 cars show up and I qualified my usual 19th (there were a lot of fast cars there).  No heats so I started the feature in 19th.  Notice on lap 2 that I had an exhaust leak.....the left body panel started getting hot.....I was running real patient when on lap 15 3 leaders got mixed up with a lap car and they brought out the red flag.  I stopped the car on the back stretch and open the door to get some air and noticed part of the running board paint had melted off  :o
So when we got ready to back to green I of course started to feel something dragging and before I could pull off my #3 header pipe and muffler passed me down the back stretch.......
I got off the track and looked, the bolts had backed out....nothing broken just came loose.  The problem was the track worers had my parts in the infield and I couldn't get them until the next caution.  Then by the time I got the pipe (and realized it wasen't damaged much either) got it re-installed on the car and got to the line to go back out to the race they finished the race.  I completely worked my but off and still only got a 20th place finish.  But the two cars in front of me and the two cars behind all crashed out 10 laps after I left the track, so maybe it was meant to be?
Anyway, I live to race another day…..
Heat finished 9th as the last car on the lead lap.  Which was great to stay on the lead lap for 100 laps!!  But sucks because that just means he is pulling further ahead of me in the points.

Gerad
Gerad Miller
34' Ford Coupe Smoke (Color not the driver)
Running in the Tri-State Legends Series
BigmilMotorsports.com
contact@bigmilmotorsports.com

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #275 on: August 30, 2010, 04:39:17 pm »
I know I'm bout ready to freakin' scream. We've been on a helluva learning curve. Started the year out great for first 6 races or so then it's been down hill. Two front clips had to go to the backup chassis. Got it fast from the git-go but tough luck. 4 weeks back running 4th pushing for 3rd a spindle bolt came out then the handling went to crap. The following race 2 weeks later wasn't bad finished 3rd. Then last saturday thought I was finally getting the monkey off back. I won the heat. Slipped back to 4th during the main. Worked my way to the lead with 4 laps left and pulling. Went into turn 1 coming to the white the trailing arm bolt broke in half costing me the win. So I've learned to double check that bolt now atleast every other race.

Every nut and every bolt gets tightened before every race. Put yourself together a routine/checklist and follow the same routine...it'll take you an hour after you get your routine down right, and save some headaches.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline LJ81

« Reply #276 on: August 30, 2010, 04:47:49 pm »
I normally go through most of them and haven't had a problem till latley. But the 2 tracks ELS and Carolina have been crap the last few weeks. So I know that has been the main problem. But I will make it a habit to go through all of them from now on.
Lee Jordan
LJ Dezigns
Screen Printing, Embroidery, Decal Graphics, & Logo Design
803-329-8337
Check out the LJ Dezigns web for monthly specials!
www.ljdezigns.net

Offline Bigmil

• Started racing in 2009
    • Bigmil Motorsports
« Reply #277 on: August 30, 2010, 04:51:01 pm »
I do check all the supsension components and drivetrain components but never thought to check the exhuast manifold......that I can assure you will never happen again.

Gerad Miller
34' Ford Coupe Smoke (Color not the driver)
Running in the Tri-State Legends Series
BigmilMotorsports.com
contact@bigmilmotorsports.com

Offline Schmitt20

« Reply #278 on: August 30, 2010, 09:09:29 pm »
The first couple years were rough untill i started checking the car over after every single night. I also check the exhaust bolts every week.

Offline djracing

• Global Moderator
    • DJ Ross Racing
« Reply #279 on: August 30, 2010, 10:23:55 pm »
Yes check every nut/bolt at home. Also check the main suspension pieces after the heat races just a quick check, put a wrench on it make sure nothing is loose.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #280 on: August 30, 2010, 10:59:10 pm »
DJ,

Congratulations on the heat win and the 4th place finish in the feature!!!!

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline thunder938

« Reply #281 on: September 02, 2010, 07:07:42 pm »
Another day in the garage and the car is back on 4 wheels and will be ready for the last race of the season on 9/11.  Still needs scaled and set up.

Thanks Jim @VMS
Dave

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #282 on: September 02, 2010, 10:19:58 pm »
Congratulations Dave!!!

All My Best To You!

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline Schmitt20

« Reply #283 on: September 04, 2010, 12:05:36 am »
heres an in car camera from last saturday at Beaver Dam, Wisconsin

Offline Schmitt20

« Reply #284 on: September 04, 2010, 12:06:15 am »
sorry forgot to attach link

anything