Author Topic: How You Doing? 2010.......  (Read 169909 times)

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: How You Doing? 2010.......
« Reply #165 on: July 31, 2010, 02:03:58 am »
Jim,

I like it. Stylin'!!!  :)

Gimpster,

Congrats to Andee! Great job in the heat race! It's tough when you have to start at the rear of the field. A good finish though!  ;)
Sorry you weren't up to racing. Was hoping to hear about your race. Probably would have got beaten by a girl!  ;) :D ;D

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #166 on: August 02, 2010, 09:40:36 am »
Finally got the car running right, then this...

JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #167 on: August 02, 2010, 09:46:46 am »
Dang Jim that was a hard hit hope you are alright.

Scott
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #168 on: August 02, 2010, 10:15:14 am »
Better today. I have to say that was my hardest hit yet. At least with the flip/roll,  energy was being dissipated over a longer distance.
Hope to be able to start working on the car tomorrow...she ain't purdy!
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline Bigmil

• Started racing in 2009
    • Bigmil Motorsports
« Reply #169 on: August 02, 2010, 10:28:52 am »
Wow, Jim that was a hard hit.......it hurt just watching it......  Maybe you should have gotten your son's permission along with your wife's before shaving your number in his head ;D

So my weekend wasen't as bad as Jim's by far.... but still not very good.

On Friday at Kil-Kare we were doing great.  Chris Started the feature on the pole and I started on the outside pole!  We were doing good until my clutch rod oil seal gave out and dumped oil over the track causing a small pileup behind me  :-X
I didn't wreck myself but couldn't finish the race.  Chris was doing great.  I think he was in 3rd until the restart when his battery died and Heath Tatman drove up over the back of his car.  Chris didn't get much damage but the battery problem ended his night early as well.  So we were both frustrated with good runs going till we dropped out due to mechanical issues.  Heath Tatman did good finishing 3rd!

On Saturday I missed the first practice due to finishing my oil seal repair and then I qualified poorly (19th out of 24 cars)  Chris did good qualifying 11th.  Chris and I both got 3rd in our heats and he started the feature 11th and I 19th.  The feature went green to checker with me making up only 3 spots (finishing 16th) and Chris making up only one (finishing 10th).

Chris' car was defenitly hooked up this weekend and he kicked my butt (bairly) by outlasting me one lap on Friday and beating me by 6 spots on Saturday.

We'll atleast nothing serious broke this weekend!!  On to Anderson Speedway in Anderson, IN next Saturday!!

My father in-law took videos of our races this weekend, when I get a chance I will try and put them up on YouTube!
Gerad Miller
34' Ford Coupe Smoke (Color not the driver)
Running in the Tri-State Legends Series
BigmilMotorsports.com
contact@bigmilmotorsports.com

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #170 on: August 02, 2010, 12:49:26 pm »
Glad you are OK Jim.  That one looked bad.  Hitting stopped cars hurts.  Hope the damage is not too bad. 

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #171 on: August 02, 2010, 02:34:53 pm »
All four cars involved were pretty bad. My worst problem is the broken cylinder head, but going to the welder in the morning. Hope to be back on track this weekend. Best news is everyone walked away, and the other 3 drivers are all 17 and under, so they probably arent hurting at all...Im just an old man!
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline Schmitt20

« Reply #172 on: August 02, 2010, 04:10:16 pm »
I'm one of them (The orange and black 20 car). i hit the 54(Ethan) head on first which sent him to the wall which the yellow car hit him and then jim came along....

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #173 on: August 02, 2010, 05:25:28 pm »
Just glad that nobody got hurt.  That was a hard hit.  Hope all 4 cars are back out this weekend. 

Offline djracing

• Global Moderator
    • DJ Ross Racing
« Reply #174 on: August 02, 2010, 10:37:06 pm »

I was sent this video from a friend that I went to highschool with. I'm in the black car #87 white fenders and just miss Ethan(54). Brandon(20) was right behind me, I just missed it. He had no where to go. I ended up 5th on the night.

Offline djracing

• Global Moderator
    • DJ Ross Racing
« Reply #175 on: August 02, 2010, 10:48:13 pm »
Ethan can post damaged parts, and all the spare parts he's taken from the #87 lol :)

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #176 on: August 02, 2010, 11:20:20 pm »
Mine's uglier!  :P

Come on Brandon...wheres your pictures?
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline ethan54

« Reply #177 on: August 03, 2010, 01:43:32 am »
Saturday started off good and ended pretty bad. Won my heat race and started 3rd for the feature. I pretty much stayed there until i fell back to 5th before a caution. I used it to my advantage and got up to 3rd until i just lost the car coming out of 4, and you can see in the video the chain reaction that followed. I already got the LF suspension repaired, the only thing that didn't break suspension wise was the spindle, which surprised me. Bent up the shock tower and motor mount. In the rear as of right now i only know that the panhard bar is bent. Replacing that tomorrow and then we'll start measuring everything to see how far off it is...I just felt bad for everybody that was involved in the wreck. It was pretty nasty, but it was good to see everyone was ok though
Ethan Ross
Ross Brothers Racing #54

Offline Schmitt20

« Reply #178 on: August 03, 2010, 01:54:23 am »
ill get my pics posted tomorrow, not much to see now taht its all taken apart

Offline Bigmil

• Started racing in 2009
    • Bigmil Motorsports
« Reply #179 on: August 03, 2010, 08:34:49 am »
I've got video from Friday and Saturday nights this weekend in the FASTMidwest Series (Columbus and KilKare)!

http://www.youtube.com/BigmilMotorsports

I'm still uploading from Saturday night so should have several more videos yet to come!  My father in-law even got video of the infamus Travis Braden and Brian Knuckles crash at KilKare that seemed to hang over the whole weekend.

Gerad
Gerad Miller
34' Ford Coupe Smoke (Color not the driver)
Running in the Tri-State Legends Series
BigmilMotorsports.com
contact@bigmilmotorsports.com