Author Topic: Federal Tires  (Read 79760 times)

Sagermotorsports

Re: Federal Tires
« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2010, 07:33:29 am »
You could hold off if you want to, but the BFG's are good tires, and who knows how good the FED's will be. I think it might take awhile to get the cut right. And since the BFG's will be legal this year for asphalt you won't make a bad decision by picking up a couple. I plan on buying two RS BFG's myself this year. You only get about a season out of RS ' s . but it is all up to you

Brett

Offline thunder938

« Reply #76 on: February 25, 2010, 06:04:20 pm »
The new tires, once cut and the set up are tweeked, they SHOULD be 2 to 3 tenths faster than the BFGs.  So, from what I hear once the new tires or out you dont want to be still on the BFGs.

With the wear bar rule waved for now I am just running what I have.. They have about 15 nights on them and they neeed to be replaced, but not for only a few nights before the new tires or out.
Dave

Offline cryer

« Reply #77 on: February 25, 2010, 06:11:15 pm »
ya I have one set with 10 nights ,and one set with one night. only problem is both sets sat in cold garage over the winter. I think I will hold off untell the new tires come out.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #78 on: February 28, 2010, 10:54:31 am »
"Officials at U.S. Legend Cars International announced that Federal Tire will be named the official tire for asphalt Legend Cars racing. The new Federal tire will be available for purchase on April 15."
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline cryer

« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2010, 10:58:04 am »
thanks good thing I DIDNOT buy them other tires...

Offline NJRacer510

• Team 510 Racing
« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2010, 11:03:17 am »
Yeah, from what I have heard was that their going to let the dirt guys use up what is left of the BFG tires then once their gone possibly look into an actual dirt tire or try the federals.
TODD McCOLLUM #m1
www.TEAM510RACING.com

Sagermotorsports

« Reply #81 on: March 21, 2010, 02:32:00 pm »
I was just reading online about the new tires. I don't understand what they are saying. Did they say that us asphalt guys CANNOT buy any new BFG's ? So basically if us asphalt drivers want new tires, we have to buy the Fed's ?

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #82 on: March 21, 2010, 02:38:36 pm »
Yes, that is correct. Be happy you'll still have tires to buy
All BFG's sold after 2/15 (I think that was the date) are marked with a "D", and are for dirt use only, as the dirt drivers have no other option. I just hope they have enough tires for the dirt drivers to last until a new tire is picked.
I've heard, but not confirmed, that 600 is out of the BFG's, it's whatever the dealers have in stock only, then dirt guys are S.O.L.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline cryer

« Reply #83 on: March 22, 2010, 11:04:45 am »
I have a couple sets of the bfg's I will have to take a look ,but I was told one set is new other set has 3 races on them

Gimpster

« Reply #84 on: March 22, 2010, 12:53:52 pm »
 I'm setting good for tires, new D stamped and 3 sets new, not stamped
Ready for the season

----- Gimpster -----

Gimpster

« Reply #85 on: March 24, 2010, 11:20:35 am »
 Fat lady sings... we will be on the V Grooved Federal tire on dirt. Word is that dealers will be distributing the tires to us dirt racers. For the remainder of the season siping and grooving, will be allowed, of them, until a sipe/groove rule is established for the 2011 season. My thoughts .. unfair to us who have bought new BFG tires for the season. We should also be granted the right to groove and sipe the BFG too. Also is unfair to the entry level sport racer/first time Legends owner who does not have access to groovers etc...
there are no more D stamped BFG tires at 600 racing. The notice was sent out yesterday afternoon from USLC to dealers. So much for having enough tires to support dirt racers for the season .
So much for dreams of a decent tire..

----- Gimpster -----

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #86 on: March 24, 2010, 02:02:56 pm »
I cannot imagine how many tires with various grooves some people will be bringing to the track.  This will get expensive.   

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #87 on: March 24, 2010, 03:40:59 pm »
Just got my order of BFG's today with the big "D" hand melted through the sidewall.

Gimpster:
Was there any indication about running a mix of tires? New siped and grooved Federals, but a BFG on the LF or anything?

This is going to get quite stupid, I fear.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Gimpster

« Reply #88 on: March 24, 2010, 03:51:45 pm »
 Yup, and those who bought new BFGs will be at a disadvantage
Wonder if they will rethink the situation

----- Gimpster -----

Offline ethan54