Author Topic: Legend on the street  (Read 7875 times)

Offline turbosl2

Legend on the street
« on: October 25, 2017, 01:09:50 pm »
My wife and I are looking at purchasing a legend car. We are in upstate NY and i don't believe they run  in are area. This may sound crazy but do you know if anyone has been able to register and insure these to drive on the street?

Has anyone managed to get 2 seats in one of these?

I already have a track car so this was more to drive around town in a miniature 34 coupe.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: Legend on the street
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 03:18:36 pm »
Welcome to the site!
I moved your post to our Street Legal Legends section.

I know they race Legends at Evans Mill Speedway.

As far as making a legends car street legal; Yes, it can be done (and has been done in several states). Not always without issues, as you will see if you read Dennis's posts on his fight to make his legends car street legal in Texas. Some states are easier to title and license a car than others.

As far as fitting 2 seats; You have to remember the size of these cars. The chassis is only 3 feet wide. Also; The drive shaft tunnel takes up space on the right side of the interior. So side by side seating isn't really an option. You could possibly stretch the chassis lengthwise and add a seat behind the drivers seat. That would involve a ton of fabrication work!!!

Probably not what you wanted to hear. But you would certainly turn heads cruising around town in a street legal legends car!

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.