Author Topic: Official "Introduce Yourself Thread"  (Read 292209 times)

Offline TER

Re: Official "Introduce Yourself Thread"
« Reply #540 on: January 11, 2015, 06:06:56 pm »
Hello my name is Jay Everson, from NH. This is going to be my son's first year in a legends car. He is 14 and will be starting out at NHMS. We just bought a 34 ford sedan. He has been racing karts for the past 6 years.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #541 on: January 11, 2015, 06:34:08 pm »
Hi Jay,

Welcome to our little family here at Legends Racer!
Thanks for posting the introduction.
We have a few members that race out your direction.
Best Of Luck to you and your son this season!
Keep us posted on his progress.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline Legendracer6m

« Reply #542 on: February 21, 2015, 09:37:34 am »
Hi my name is Ed Mehl my sons and I did the gokart thing on dirt for 10 yrs  my oldest son raced legends on dirt in Pa for 2 years , went to college ,parked the car,got a job in Ohio and we are now going to try Asphalt at CMS . I hear its a totally different experience  and may need a lot of help
Nothing goes right if your underwear\'s tight

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #543 on: February 21, 2015, 06:39:47 pm »
Hi Ed,

Welcome to the LegendsRacer family!
Dirt vs Pavement; Just a bit different on set up (shocks, springs, etc...).
Look through some of the old threads on switching from dirt to pavement, or pavement to dirt. Lots of good thoughts on the subject.
There is a gear chart that Gerad put together to help with gear selection at various tracks.
http://www.legendsracer.com/index.php?topic=180.0
Thank You for posting the introduction!
Let me know if there is anything here on the site I can help you with.

Best Of Luck!

Steve

Offline fireman6182

« Reply #544 on: July 29, 2015, 07:44:01 pm »
Tim Sipes here from Salisbury,NC.  Just now getting into this and have no idea what I'm doing.  But I'm determined to have fun!  Bought a car from a buddy of mine that raced for a while....so at least I'm not completely in the dark.  If I get everything worked out by then, my first race will be August 21st at Concord Speedway.  My goals for that weekend are to learn a little and keep the car in one piece...lol.  Plan to ride around the back and not cause any trouble.  Would like to get to the point sometime where I understand how to set the car up and not have to rely on someone else.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated! 

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #545 on: July 30, 2015, 09:29:21 am »
Welcome to the group.
Jim
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline Drokkers

« Reply #546 on: August 28, 2015, 12:41:30 pm »
Hello, Im Derek and Im from Louisville, KY. Just joined this forum this week to learn as much as I can about these cars to see if I want to buy one and start my racing career at the age of 30. I've always loved racing and have always wanted to race. I did autocross for a few years which was fun and educational, but it didnt feed the need. I've done sim racing on iRacing for a couple years now maybe 3 years and that is a blast but there is no replacement for real speed. SO, here I am. This seems like a very helpful group and you all answer alot of questions. Looking forward to learning about these cars/sport and hopefully, racing next year.
New to the game, dont care about the fame. Just looking to have fun and to go fast.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #547 on: August 28, 2015, 06:28:37 pm »
Look around and ask questions, you have me beat, I started at 32!
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline s10custom

• It is what it is
« Reply #548 on: September 06, 2015, 10:23:39 pm »
look to see when they are running at the drome in Clarksville, IN, go into the pits and ask questions before buying,

Offline Drokkers

« Reply #549 on: September 08, 2015, 02:06:40 pm »
look to see when they are running at the drome in Clarksville, IN, go into the pits and ask questions before buying,

They are done for this year so Im SOL on that option. Research is all I can really do for now, OR if there are any racers in this forum that live in Louisville or near by that wouldnt mind me bugging them about these cars, then that would be another option.
New to the game, dont care about the fame. Just looking to have fun and to go fast.

Offline s10custom

• It is what it is
« Reply #550 on: September 08, 2015, 07:39:04 pm »
there is/was a traveling sanctioning body that raced at Kentucky speedway and others. I don't remember the name

Offline Tate

« Reply #551 on: August 15, 2016, 11:14:16 am »
Greetings All,

My nickname is Tate and I'm from Massachusetts.  My son ran comp karts and dirt 600 Micro Sprints for over 12 years in the Northeast.  We did well and had a blast but college and work got in the way so we called it quits around 6 years ago.  We are now eager to get back to racing and after looking at Nema Light Midgets, USAC DMA and modified's we think Legends are a great way to go for us.  We really like the sealed engine rules and the standard car spec to not only keep cost down but it puts the competition in the drivers hands and the cars setup.  We have a good bit of experience with 600 then 636 engines we use to run and remember the endless challenges that engine rules presented which for a while were track specific! We sure do welcome a standard that is consistent across the country.

In addition to the car standards and sealed engines we also love that most race tracks in New England run Legends, oval and/or RC and we even have the option of running dirt in PA at many of our favorite tracks down there.  We are trying to learn as much as we can prior to buying used or building a new car.  We always enjoyed building our cars but cost does play in to as we are starting from scratch again.  We hope to get out to as many races as we can before the end of the season and talk with the folks that are running on a weekly basis and then put something together for next season.  Maybe we'll see some of you folks out there!

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #552 on: August 15, 2016, 01:40:42 pm »
Hi Tate,

Welcome to the LegendsRacer site!

First thing you are going to want to look at is the rulebook.
    http://www.uslegendcars.com/

There is a good bit of information in the old threads here on the site. Here are a couple links that may be of interest to you:
    http://www.legendsracer.com/index.php?topic=288.0
    http://www.legendsracer.com/index.php?topic=72.0

Another suggestion is to go to your local track and talk to the drivers and crews. Most will be more than happy to help answer any questions or help you find a car.

I hope some of this helps. Best of luck to you and your son!

Steve

Offline MG173

« Reply #553 on: October 27, 2016, 04:42:42 pm »
Hi all!

My name is Micaela, I am 21 and I am from the Phoenix area. I just recently bought a (new to me) legends car about 2 months ago. After giving the car a bit of love I am hoping to get my first track day in, in about a week! I am hoping to race next season over here on the west and get as much seat time in as I can. I come from somewhere around 10 years in dirt bikes and a few months in karts so this will be a new experience for me. Without this site, I would have no information about these cars and with a quick search I usually can find my answers. Great site!

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #554 on: October 28, 2016, 01:43:46 am »
Hi Micaela,

Thank You for the introduction.
Welcome to the LegendsRacer family!
I'm not sure who is still on the site from the Phoenix area. I know we still have a few from the 'Vegas area. You may want to check out that bunch at some point in the future.
I think you will really enjoy the car and the great folks!
Have fun with your testing session and enjoy learning about your car!!!
Go Fast and Be Safe,

Steve