Author Topic: Official "Introduce Yourself Thread"  (Read 292152 times)

Offline Pops off the rocker

Re: Official "Introduce Yourself Thread"
« Reply #570 on: November 13, 2018, 01:51:00 pm »
Robert father of 4, grandpa (Pops) to 7 living in Texas.

I have been helping people setting up both full size late models modifieds, and things like that as well as quartermidgets. I am here to just get some info as I am now helping someone with a legend car. Just covering my bases.

Car will be complete by February

Enjoy the off season y'all

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #571 on: November 13, 2018, 03:03:40 pm »
Hi Robert,

Welcome to the site!
 Let us know what information you need and see what advice the group can give you. Lots of awesome folks here on the site.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline MWilley

« Reply #572 on: December 16, 2018, 12:03:07 pm »
Hi my name is Mike Willey 2019 will be my son David's first year in a legend in Bakersfield Ca at Kern County Raceway. He has been racing go karts here since he was 9with multiple track championships.We ran our first season of Bandos last year rounding out 4th overall at the track. He quickly out grew so we found a legend for next season. This site is a great resource since we are new to this. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions lol.thanks again.

Offline Pops off the rocker

« Reply #573 on: December 18, 2018, 11:22:02 am »
Hi my name is Mike Willey 2019 will be my son David's first year in a legend in Bakersfield Ca at Kern County Raceway. He has been racing go karts here since he was 9with multiple track championships.We ran our first season of Bandos last year rounding out 4th overall at the track. He quickly out grew so we found a legend for next season. This site is a great resource since we are new to this. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions lol.thanks again.
Nice.
Hey if you need help/ advice I can have you talk to someone who will definitely give you good advice.
PM me if you want his name. He should be racing at kern pretty regularly

My advice would be listen to one person that runs up front or has run up front. If you try to "grab bag" a set up from different people you will have a car that is screwed up as nothing will work together. Its a package

Keep the car stable for him where it does nothing stupid and the speed will come.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #574 on: December 18, 2018, 08:36:15 pm »
Hi Mike,

As Robert pointed out; Try to find someone who races at the track(s) you plan to run. You will not have so much trial and error in your set up that way.

The car looks great! Love the wrap!

Best of luck to you and your son,

Steve

Offline New_2_Legends

« Reply #575 on: April 02, 2019, 09:43:37 pm »
New to the forum, and new to legends. I am just starting out fresh. Starting my build this year and would love some input and assistance along the way. Any tips, tricks, or comments are welcomed. I will be doing a US Legends Spec car. I am definitely green to Legends. Grew up racing quads and dirt bikes.

Thanks and excited to chat.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #576 on: April 03, 2019, 12:22:25 pm »
Thank you for the introduction. Welcome to the world of legends cars and the LegendsRacer family!

I assume that you have purchased a used car and are rebuilding it? First things first... Read the rule book. As INEX legends cars are a spec class, it is most important to know what you can and cannot do to the car as you work on rebuilding. Here is a link to the current rule book:
 https://www.inexseries.com/become-a-member/rulebook/

Several questions... Which engine will you be using (Open FJ/XJ 1200, 1250 Sealed or new Sealed FZ09)? As I am assuming you have purchased an older car, Is everything current? Things like front spindles, tires, brakes, shocks... These are a few things that have changed over the years that may need to be replaced to meet current rules. What type of racing will you be doing? Dirt track, pavement or road course? This will help you determine how you will want to set up your car. Are your safety items current? Seat belts, fuel cell, helmet, etc... Don't skimp on safety gear!!! Where will you primarily race? This will be helpful to find members in your area or familiar with the track(s) you will race.

Best of luck to you!

Steve

Offline Going to have fun

« Reply #577 on: June 07, 2019, 07:08:48 am »
New to legends trying to learn all I can. So I can make a smart purchase in the future. I have a lot to learn coming from flat karts.But haven't done that in awhile. This is going to be a family thing for me and my wife and children and grandchildren.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #578 on: June 07, 2019, 07:31:24 pm »
Welcome to the LegendsRacer family! Thank you for the introduction. I think you are going to enjoy these cars. The Legends and Bandolero folks are a pretty family oriented bunch of people. Read through the old posts and you will get a good idea as to what all is involved and what to look for when purchasing a used Bando or Legends car.

Let me know if I can help with you anything. Post whatever questions you may have. A ton of friendly folks here on the site!

Best of Luck to you in this adventure!

Steve

Offline Steve35897

« Reply #579 on: April 11, 2020, 01:10:12 pm »
Hello my name is Steve and I have been interested  in the legend class for a while. All of my racing experience is from karts. Mostly oval both dirt and pavement in Georgia, Florida and Connecticut. I finally made the leap and bought a sedan with a 1250 engine. I live in Colorado and plan to race mostly at Colorado National until I get more experience in the car.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #580 on: April 11, 2020, 07:45:24 pm »
Welcome to the forum, Steve. Hopefully this season will get started sometime soon. :o Thank you for your introduction.
Best of luck,

Steve

Offline 440chry_ler

« Reply #581 on: May 11, 2020, 10:19:05 pm »
Hello all,

I'm looking to get started in the world of racing. I've been around it my whole life, my grandfather was a driver and crew chief for a modified at Waterford Speedbowl, my dad was a car fabricator as well as crew chief for an X Car at Waterford. I'm looking to get my get wet helping a team in the northeast before driving a car of my own. If anyone has a New Hampshire based team, feel free to reach out.

Thanks!

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #582 on: May 11, 2020, 11:04:34 pm »
Welcome to the site! Thank you for the introduction! We have several members in your area. I am hopeful that they can help you hook up with a team, or even just someone to learn from.

Steve

Offline jagray5

« Reply #583 on: August 13, 2020, 05:05:49 pm »
Hi folks!

My name is Jacob ("Jake") Gray and I'm based out of Raleigh, NC -- Go Pack!

I've been involved with short track racing my whole life but am brand new to Legends...other than racing them on iRacing of course :) Most of my racing experience is driving and working on Limited Late Models. My brother and I have been racing Limiteds/Chargers on and off for about 7 years at Caraway and Orange County Speedway primarily, but I've recently gotten really interested in Legends racing and think I'd like to look into getting a car and trying to do some racing in 2021 - most likely at Wake County and/or Southern National.

I've been reading through all of the forum posts on this site and feel like I've learned a lot already. It's refreshing to see how willing everyone is here to share information and makes me more excited to get involved! Also shout out to Steve for welcoming me to the site already!

Let me know if there are any teams in the greater Raleigh area that might be interested in showing me a car up close and talking shop a bit :)

Cheers,
Jake Gray
www.grayracing.net

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #584 on: August 13, 2020, 10:51:26 pm »
Thanks for the introduction, Jake. Hopefully, some of our NC folks will get ahold of you soon.
I think you will enjoy the Legends Series.

Best of luck to you!

Steve