Author Topic: Toyota calipers  (Read 7828 times)

Offline Legendracer31

Toyota calipers
« on: April 24, 2016, 07:12:05 pm »
Having issues with brakes. Running Toyota calipers 1/4 mile short track tight turns. When try drive car hard into turn soon as get on brake wheel locks up and won't slow car then shoot past turn. I feel like really grabs left front but it doesn't pull me to the left when on brake. I did drive into pits and tried brake with hands off wheel car would pull hard left not sure if that is ok or if suppose to stay straight. I temped the front and right was about 160 degrees hotter but once I added rear brake they evened out.  I do not run a brake bias. Already added as much rear brake as can. What would cause this? Are pads to aggressive any recommendations on pads? Maybe issue with rear seals not allowing rear brakes to work enough had low temps in them? Also was told maybe to pull pistones out and clean them. Thxs.

Offline Sasklegend21

Re: Toyota calipers
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 10:46:24 pm »
I had the same issue once, and it turned out to be my front brake pads.  I accidentally got the right and left sides mixed up when I had them off for servicing.  As the pads wear, they wear on a slight angle.  If you switch their position, it ends up binding in the one caliper and causing it to lock up earlier than the other.  It doesn't take much pad wear for this to happen.  I would suggest putting a new set of pads on both front calipers and see if your issue goes away.