Author Topic: Best way to slow Bandos  (Read 19241 times)

Offline free2race

Re: Best way to slow Bandos
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2009, 10:27:55 am »
Yea, you have a 14 clutch and a 63 rear sprocket. The "wreck" that didn't happen would have been bad if we were still running whatever gear you wanted. It all comes down to setup, fresh tires and a fresh motor. And a good driver and running a "good" line on the track.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2009, 01:37:36 pm »
yes
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline free2race

« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2009, 10:51:24 pm »
Well, the car is still in one piece. I've been off for a while. So I've got to make up for lost time. Long story made short. We have been running good and finally got the car in the front pack. We will be doing double duty this weekend. Karts in the morning, then bando at night at Monroe.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2009, 02:03:00 pm »
Sounds like fun!!!
Be Safe and Race Fast!  ;)

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline ruracin61

• Cars R My Stars
    • 61 racing
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2009, 09:23:26 pm »
We had a bando hit the wall in the middle of turns 3 and 4 going full speed head on. He was going well over 70mph. He hit the wall hard enough to bounce off the wall and barrel roll over 1 once. He was ok and just had a tiny scratch on his leg and thats all. It crushed the front end in and even mashed the back bumper in.
It was a nasty crash but his HANS helped a lot!

Tristan
! Cars R My Stars !
 http://61racing.webs.com/
61 racing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Tom Cole

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2009, 07:52:21 am »
Making a different restrictor plate should not be a big deal.  A throttle stop is exactly the same thing, but is often a little to easy to adjust.  Another alternative would be a rev limiter with a lower dropout point.

A smaller restrictor or a throttle stop will effect the entire powerband and a rev limiter only effects the top end.  From what I have seen, the starts aren't the issue, it is the top end speed being beyond the control point of the tire to weight ratio at speeds where a slip can cause major damage.

Outside the box here, just brainstorming, but if you set a max post-race tire pressure, that could be a tool to slow them down.  It will also slow them faster when they get off the gas vs. other options discussed.  If you use nitrogen to inflate your tires, there is much less gain during a race.

anything