BANDOLEROS > Engine Care & Tuning

Carb issue I think

(1/3) > >>

GoneDirt:
installed the red restrictor plate and change jets to a little bigger and ran 3 rounds of practice and ran very fast then all of a sudden it went sluggish, it will rev up fast then bog down  and wont hit the rev limiter, checked plugs one plug was a little more rich. Replaced both plugs and now when going from idle to WOT the motor stalls, I put the stock jets back in check gaps with no luck, changed carb and same result, I can remove the restrictor plate and runs better with a little hesitation at acceleration, I am at a loss of what else to check.

free2race:
Just make sure you installed the plate according to the 600 racing site. Please check that BOTH plugs are gapped the same also.

Bando9:
that stinks i don't get whats wrong
Maby its the ristrictor plate

justfreaky:
Here is the correct proceedure for installing the restrictor plate:

http://www.600racing.com/inex_info/tech_updates/512530.html

Hope that helps.

Steve

3nracing97:
Check your valve lash.  Also make sure your fuel cell is full and the lines are flowing good.  Might also want to check the fuel cell vent line.  Another thing is try running the compression.  I just found out this week I have had a bad motor in my car I have been fighting for a month and finally found I had only 100# of compression.  I have found out that when these motors go bad they do it with no warning.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version