Author Topic: Rotor  (Read 5016 times)

Offline knuclebuster

Rotor
« on: May 16, 2009, 09:22:20 pm »
Hey Guys
  Ive got another question for some of you who have been down the road of changing from the stock ingnition system to the "Red" system.

How do you torque the bolt that holds the replacement rotor in place to the recommended 36 lbs without the motor turning over while doing so?

I had the car in 1st gear, but the motor still wants to turn over while trying to torque the bolt.

What are your thoughts.

Todd

Offline JGRacing

Re: Rotor
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 10:35:42 am »
Can you have someone stick a long screwdriver through the u-joint in the driveshaft and hold it while you are torquing the bolt down?   

Sagermotorsports

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 01:50:54 pm »
If you can't get some help, try putting a pipe wrench on the driveshaft yoke. That will hold it good enough to get it to the proper torque

Brett

Offline knuclebuster

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 06:28:07 pm »
Thanks Guys,
  Actually, believe it or not, the car was in gear.  The car was on jackstands and in 1st gear.  I dont understand this but, when I tried to torque the bolt, the motor was turning over but was not moving the universal joint.  How is this possible ? I dont know how it did that but it did.  In fact, the drive shaft was sitting on the rear crossmember where the rear ujoint is which would have prevented it from turning, unless there was some serious torque.  Either way Im just hoping I got enough torque on the bolt.  The steering shaft column location sure didnt help things!

Thanks again for the help.

KB

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 05:31:00 am »
make sure you use some locking compound on it.

Scott
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

anything