Author Topic: handling issue on dirt  (Read 17174 times)

Offline Racinjj

• Steenbergen Motorsports
Re: handling issue on dirt
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2009, 10:33:43 am »
LF           RF
4"            4-1/8"
LR           RR
4-3/8"   4-1/2"

The biggest issue I have is keeping the RR tire from busting my fender when I hit the cushion.  I used to run a little lower but I have raised it up a bit to try and save my fender and running board on teh right side.  If your track is smooth and slick I would run what you do on asphalt.
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Racecar spelled backwards is racecar. Racecar upside down is expensive.

Offline BATZ

• On the gas...haulin ass!
    • Batzer Racing videos on youtube...ND Legends
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2009, 04:03:24 pm »
I just gotta say thanks to everyone on here....Thanks for all the posts!  I have a bead lock and ran 9 lbs in it....on a real bumpy track too!  But I don't think it helped to run quite that low....like stated  it changes your spring rate in the tire....testing still in progress, I'll post more info as I get it.
I'd rather be a smart ass...then a dumb ass.

FFmedic

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2009, 04:06:16 pm »
The thing with running to low of air pressure on the right rear with a bead lock is this..... the side wall flexes under way to much... then coming outa the corner it springs back out.  Seams to make the cara bit loose coming out.  Our tires are not created for dirt.  If we were running hoosiers then it would be a different story.  Still think the bead lock is a great piece of insurance policy though.... I hate driving 200 miles to blow a bead 2 laps into the feature then go home.  Like Batzer said "testing still in progress".

Joe

crateshakerj1

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2009, 10:16:59 am »
We raced on dirt for the first time in our legends Sat. We left one of my cars with asphalt set up the other we tried several setups we ended up with a pair of 150 on both sides of rear. Both cars with 2 diff. setups were loose fron apex to straight with no forward bite. What can be done are is this normal on dirt.
                                                                                                            Thanks Joey

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2009, 10:23:35 am »
Dirt cars tend to be loose. Lack of grip because of the spec tire. Read through some of the old threads on dirt set up, that should help you with ideas how to tighten your car up.
What track are you racing at? We have members from all over that may be able to help!

Welcome to the LegendsRacer Family! Good to have you aboard! I hope you enjoy the site.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

crateshakerj1

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2009, 01:11:41 pm »
We raced @ Thunder valley speedway in Glenmora Louisiana. We also race asphalt @ Monroe motor speedway.  If there is any racers in  La are Tx that would like to race dirt we will be racing @ TVS  agin in 3 weeks and need more cars to make it work.  I am buying and selling legends in our area to help build the class I have a 37 sedan set for dirt real clean car new body 1250 sealed $6800
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Thanks Joey

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2009, 02:09:45 pm »
Hi Joey,

Post what you have to sell in the For Sale section. You might also want to post a schedule and links to the speedways in our Track Announcement section.
We have a couple of guys that run at Monroe. As I am a pavement guy, Monroe looks like a very fun place! Talk Knuclebuster into joining in on the fun!  ;)

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2009, 01:01:09 pm »
Joey,
Compared to pavement, on dirt you will not have much grip to work with coming out of the turns, especially on a dry slick track.   

crateshakerj1

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2009, 08:35:21 am »
Will adjusting pinon angle make any differance with it being a solid bar?
                                                                                                                                                               Joey

Offline GoneDirt

• Parker Power Sports
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2009, 09:58:44 am »
is the ride height set with the driver in or out

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2009, 10:18:03 am »
Do a search on this site for the pinion angle threads.  There is a lot of good information on how to set them for dirt.  The more pinion angle, the better. 

anything