Author Topic: SOMEWHAT SAD NEWS  (Read 13247 times)

Offline free2race

Re: SOMEWHAT SAD NEWS
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2009, 10:28:05 pm »
Mr. Brad, We will hopefully be at the track next weekend. I'm in Charlotte at the shootout. If you need some tires I'll pick them up at no charge.

bandow10

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2009, 11:03:53 pm »
thanks but i will have to wait to closer to time to get back to racing before i can afford any tires.  we got 2 dr appointments in july in which we have to travel some  for. so the racing money put up is for the dr travels right now. i am going to try to get some tires the first of august money permitting. thanks again brad to everyone.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2009, 12:35:32 pm »
Got this update from Brad this morning:

Everything is ok for now. They still have not found nothing wrong.  We are looking at sometime in August to put her back in the car for some practice and then racing. THANKS,
Brad

Brad,

Keep The Faith! You have a lot of people praying for the best.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

bandow10

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2009, 11:47:18 pm »
wanted to touch in. still nothing new to report.we go to the dr in2 weeks. however sabrina is happy today as we took the car to the track last night with a guest driver. a kart racer on dirt for 4 years now or so. came over and drove the car for a little practice. with a little patience and good luck on our side. he was able to hold off the second place car for the win in his first night in the car.  She was thriled when he gave her the trophy instead of keeping for himself. to me this takes great sportmanship. i believe she now has the courage to eat right and maintain a healthy lifestyle to get back in the car as quick as the drs let her. 
special thanks to those that have helped us on here with specail thanks to kevin nixon(3n97racing) and free torace(mike kendricks) for the encouraging words we get at the track when we there.  Kevin is one that i can call or go over and talk at the track when the time comes. every track needs a few guys like the ones here. thanks brad

Offline Lenny

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2009, 10:57:34 am »
We've never met and I doubt we will.  My name is Leon Simmons from Philadelphia, PA.  My sons Keenan and Jason race Legends.  I'm sending this from all of us. We will pray  for your family and your little girl.  We pray she fully recovers.  I agree with you about children.  Love that little girl like she has never been loved before and make her feel that everything will be just fine.  I have a daughter, 17 years old and she is what drives me. 

God Bless you and your Family 

bandow10

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2009, 01:23:44 pm »
 LEON it is great to hear encouraging words.  it great words from the like of ones on hear and our local friends that keep us going. thru the grace of god we continue to move forward everyday.  sometimes i wonder why my family but then i look around and GOD shows me i am not the only one with troubles and i thank jesus christ for what we have. it might not be much but we have great family and friends is more than i can ask for.  thanks to everyone here for the prayers. they do work. thansk brad

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2009, 03:32:12 pm »
Brad,

There are a lot of folks here pulling for Sabrina! We all want to see her get better and get back in her own race car.
I'm always around here, somewhere, if you need someone to talk to.

Thoughts and Prayers,

Steve

bandow10

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2009, 03:09:29 pm »
touching back in after a long holiday weekend. the daughter had nother eeg done this moring with the neoroligist. the dr said everything looked normal and seems to think this was a isolated incident. however i feel that the good lord has heeled her,  so hopefully in a nother month (august she can get back to racing. she is missing it something big time.
ps steve will get your decals cut tonight and sent out tomorrow.  was to tired to cut them last night.  thanks brad

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2009, 04:11:56 pm »
Brad,

That is indeed Great news!!! I hope there will be no further incidents for her. I'll continue to keep her in my prayers.
I hope that you all had a teriffic holiday week end!

PM me on the decals. Thank You!  ;)

Steve