BANDOLEROS > Engine Care & Tuning

Smoking Engine!

(1/3) > >>

ruracin61:
When I slow down to go in to the pits when a practice session is over, I notice a little smoke in the driver area right in front of me. It is only when I slow down.  I put oil on the chain. The last two practice runs in that day, I saw smoke coming in the driver seat area right in front of me. It might be burning off a little spilled oil. One other thing is it might be the rev limiter, its not hooked up. I was wondering if one of those two things might be the cause of smoke coming into the driver area were I drive?!?!? :o

angusdad:
your rev-limiter is not hooked up?   doesn't it have to be hooked up?   could the smoke be coming from your clutch as that's not a problem, you'll just then need a little clutch maintenance.

justfreaky:
21. REV-LIMITERS: All competitors must compete with a
rev-limiter that is correctly hooked up and in use at all times.
No quick disconnects may be used when hooking up the rev-limiter.
The rev-limiter must be wired into the toggle switches
as delivered by 600 Racing, Inc.. The rev limiter must remain
stock (maximum 5,600 rpm) as currently provided by 600
Racing, Inc. No modifications are permitted to the rev-limiter.
If the rev-limiter does not work due to improper wiring or bad
connections, the driver will be disqualified.

I have already made Tristan aware that the rev-limiter must be hooked up.
The smoke could be coming from over oiling the chain, or from the clutch. Be sure that your chain is not slinging oil on your engine. Take your clutch apart and check to make sure there is not any excessive wear. The rev-limiter will not cause smoke.... Unless, of course, you managed to blow up your engine. Very unlikely.

Steve

ruracin61:
Ok thx I found out from my neighbor that there is a little black chip that you plug into it. He said it looks pluged in but I just need the chip! ;)

Tristan

Bando9:
the bearings on the front spindles could be burning.

Chance 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version