LEGENDS > Brakes

Brakes more than dragging

<< < (2/4) > >>

mch46:
First time it happened to us, we went thru 1/2 bottle of fluid bleeding brakes, to no avail, b4 Jeff Jordon at RPM stopped by my pit and fixed it for us.   I have to credit him for schooling me that one!

RickyBobby:
my steel braided brake lines are coming in today so I have to pull them apart tonight anyway.  Thanks for the help.

RickyBobby:
so it seems there were two issues.  One was the pad shifted slightly so it was on and locking up the wheel.  The second was I had to prime the master cyclinder.   I woul dhave thought there was enough pressure in it but with it being all new lines the fluid could not move all of that air with the lines connected.  So two suggestions I came up with.  If you have drined your system completly undo the lines from the caliper so the air get pushed out as you fill the system or what I had to do was take the bleeder valve out and back feed fluid into the system.  Then bleed everything.

justfreaky:
Good to hear you got it all worked out. Thanks for following up on your thread!

Steve

Racinjj:
I use an air operated vacuum bleeder and it works great, never had any issues with bleeding the brakes.  Its particularly handy because you can bleed the brakes by yourself and in a fraction of the time.  It was one of the best racing tool investments I have made, 8 years old and still works great.

In case anyone is curious this is the unit I have, I got it at NAPA:
http://www.sjdiscounttools.com/vac180051.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version