Author Topic: Ear buds?  (Read 8347 times)

Offline thunder938

Ear buds?
« on: October 07, 2008, 01:56:49 pm »
I have a real problem with my radio, I can tell that the track is talking but I can not make out what they are saying.  I have tried the push in ear buds and Sony rap around and still no luck.  The rap around let too much outside noise in and the foam push ins pull out or just are bad.  So, I found these and wonder is anyone else has used them?

http://www.earfuze.com/index.html

Dave

Online justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: Ear buds?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 04:59:34 pm »
Those look pretty cool! A custom fit. Price doesn't seem to bad either.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline DanH

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 06:28:42 pm »
Not bad at all. Are you using a raceciever by any chance?

I have had proper racing ones made and the noise that they block out is unbelievable only need 1 notch of volume on the raceciever.
The ones shown above dont seem to sit in the ear as far as the ones i have, but for less than $50 well worth a try.

Dan

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 08:14:47 pm »
I need to get something and these look really good. Has anyone tried them with are radio's?

Scott
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 08:25:15 pm »
Please let me know if they work.......
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 05:48:48 am »
Anyone try these yet?
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 08:05:20 am »
Raceceiver used to sell an in- ear mold kit,  but there were so many complaints about them that they pulled them off the market...still havent found one worth replacing it with. I use the Raceceiver drivers earpieces...pricey at $85.00 but they sound good and block out alot of noise, but not enough sound deadening as the old foam ones had though, in my opinion
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2009, 08:29:45 am »
so who has bought and tryed these ?
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline thunder938

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2009, 08:54:27 am »
A fellow racer did pick them up, but has not made or used them yet.  Once the racing season starts here in Ohio I will let you know.  After we make his and I see how they are I will buy some too..
Dave

Offline bback58

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2009, 10:08:52 am »
I bought a set and the ear pieces seem to fit real nice and seem to block out a lot of sound.  All I have listened to is my mp3 player for 10 minutes or so.   I think they are going to be a good thing.  Won't know for sure till we get on the track, but I don't see any reason they won't work well.
Brian B

Offline jgrimracing

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2009, 01:05:47 am »
My brother got these at the end of the season and used them in one race.  It was at Mountain Speedway and he said they did very little talking on the radio, only track we ever went to that did not use a freq. on the raceciver.  But anyway he said they seemed to block out the noise pretty well.  He is pretty sure the noise he got was actually sent over the radio cause the guy was next to the track talking.  He said they were comfortable.  He got them molded in a few minutes as well.  The only thing is he got the skin colored ones, they also say they have a set with one red and one blue so it is easy to tell which is for right and left.  The best ones he has tried where from racing electronics but the length was so short he needed the raceciver taped to his helmet.  We tried to find an extender cord with no results.  I would say the earfuze ones seem to be worth a try.