Author Topic: Seat Belt Type  (Read 6298 times)

Offline vankotr

• vankoppracing.com
Seat Belt Type
« on: February 10, 2009, 01:15:54 am »
I am having difficulty tightening the lap belt on my driver.  I have a '34 Ford coupe with a new Kirkey seat using 3" Impact belts, "pull down" style.  The belt bar is also on a bad area of my drivers leg.  If I adjust it just off the leg I will be at the opening of the seat and I understand I need to be at least 1  1/2"  from the seat opening.  What do I do?  Do most of you use "pull up" belts?  :-\

Offline IraceLegends77

Re: Seat Belt Type
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 06:14:49 am »
I was going to use the pull-up style and was told by Mike Patrick (a legends dealer in VA) not to. He said that he had put them in his rental cars and that they "just don't work". He went into a long story why they didn't but to tell you the truth I don't remember the whole story. Bottom line is when Mike says it doen't work it won't. He is a great guy with tons of exsperance so I would give him a call and he will lead you in the right direction.

Mike Patrick
Little Race Cars
804-507-0106
www.littleracecars.com

Scott
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline RickyBobby

• JM Motorsports
Re: Seat Belt Type
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 08:48:41 am »
depends on the seat you have.  I have a Kirley intermediate that has the holes for the seat belts and some crowe belts.  The bottom pieces you put in instead of out.  They work really well but with this new seat they do get caught up in the pass through holes.

anything