Author Topic: More On SS Line  (Read 33736 times)

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: Legends Rule Book
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2009, 05:16:28 pm »
Vern,

Could you still find a way to route the line so that it would come up underneath the carb inlet?

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2009, 05:17:38 pm »
Jim,

The whole thing with the steel braided line is stupid in my opinion. I know that the rule says you have to but if you hit hard enough to sheer that tube into then steel braided line is not going to stop that. In fact it might make it worse. We all know that steel braided line is for pressure not for what they are trying to do. I just wish they would think about things before the make a rule. I would love to see a hard throttle instead of a cable. If we would get some ideas together on here and all call Scott he will listen. I was just thinking.

Scott
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2009, 05:32:07 pm »
Stev what im seeing is when you come out of the tub with ss braided line the radious makes it swing out a little and around a bit thats why Im thinking of comming outta the tub with steel line use flared fitting 90 and shoot across the fire wall. then slightly bending the steel line up and into the motor under the carbs ?
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2009, 05:35:02 pm »
Could you use a couple of 90* fittings to accomplish this and still use the braided line?

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2009, 05:41:33 pm »
ya sure........look at the exspence of the an fittings like scott said this dosnt make sence they should have thought it through ,Im just the kinda guy that likes to inprove stuff or make it better < but Im not always right, or do the right thing just having fun ?but the bottom line ss  line rule sucks and dosnt make sence. and for them to design a hard connecting that banjo t needs to be redesigned, and the fuel pump changed , to an fittings
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2009, 05:53:32 pm »
Lets all Please try to focus on a solution to work within the rules. We don't have to agree with them; But, we do have to work within them.

Thanks,

Steve

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2009, 06:24:05 pm »
The point of my post was to state that the rule says braided line. It does not say "or something else that is a more logical solution, use your own judgement and ingenuity".

The point of this thread, if y'all will remember, was a new potential Legends driver looking for the rules. To turn it into an engineering session on how to change the rules by using non-approved, ie. illegal parts, doesn't exactly help the original poster in his quest to find the rules, does it?

I'll be replacing my rubber fuel line with the braided steel fuel line as prescribed by the rule change, which is printed in the rule book, that will be available on March 1, 2009....sheeeeesh  :P
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2009, 06:31:07 pm »
hmmm I guees after this I will be too ?
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline bback58

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2009, 06:58:00 pm »
I figure we all will be. 

On the bright side, at least I was using the cheap rubber fuel line instead of the expensive braided line when I discovered to NEVER drill out the rivets on the drive line tunnel where the fuel line runs. (Hint to all you newbies)   ;D ;D ;D :-[ :-[ :-[
Brian B

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2009, 08:03:19 pm »
Yes, remember to pull the fuel line out before drilling, thank you Brian!  :-X
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2009, 11:56:29 pm »
Brian, your not the first person to do that.......LOL. I'll just leave that alone.

To everyone else, I didn't mean to seem to be whinning or bitching. I just don't like the rule but will have one on my car as soon as get back home. I was hoping that as a group we could come up with a bettter idea (as a whole) and push the idea up to 600. They do listen to what we say and do try and make thing better for us. I know that some sites on the web don't think that way but I think that they look out for us and try and help. So sorry if I got off topic and will just shut and watch for a while.

Scott
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline Racinjj

• Steenbergen Motorsports
Re: More On SS Line
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2009, 08:10:13 am »
Here is the rule straight out of the 2009 rule book:

Fuel Lines:  Fuel lines may not be located in or run through the driver's compartmenet of the frame.  Steel braided fuel lines are mandatory.  Fuel lines may not be attached to or come in contact with electrical lines.
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Racecar spelled backwards is racecar. Racecar upside down is expensive.

Offline surfx

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2009, 08:59:53 pm »
Id like to add a fuel shut off valve when replacing my fuel line.  Any suggestions on what is easy to install with the steel braided line?
thanks
Mike
MALONERACING.COM

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2009, 09:09:32 pm »
Hi Mike,

There are a few different ones available. They make the type that are included with the fuel filter and the in line style. Both have the AN fittings. There are even some with an external control cable, like they use on sprint cars. I plan on an in line type, as I have an electrical cutoff switch to cover situations while racing.

Steve

Offline surfx

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2009, 09:39:45 pm »
Thanks,
 I was looking for an inline push on style and am planning on mounting  it on the rear package tray.  Didnt know if anyone had any luck with this style.
MALONERACING.COM

anything