LEGENDS > Drivetrain & Gearing

Good deal on rear axle puller..

(1/2) > >>

DARK AGE 53:
I think so anyways, $35 from AutoZone. I did a rear end change a month ago and got a loaner from AutoZone, you pay a deposit and when you return the tool you get your money back. I started thinking about just buying one, I stopped by AutoZone and asked what it would cost to just buy one...she said the same as the loaner price...$35. Now I wasn't quite sure she understood me so I asked her again, the answer was the same...$35...now I was sure she understood me but I just had to make sure she understood I wanted to buy it not get it on a loan...answer, $35...I said I'll take it.

Al

legends13:
you should have asked first on here.  you shouldn't need an axle puller with these cars. just turn the drum around backward and thread 2 lug nuts on about 2 threads and yank on it. should pull right out.

that said, I think $35 is a good price. :)

DARK AGE 53:

--- Quote from: legends13 on June 21, 2007, 11:18:43 am --- just turn the drum around backward and thread 2 lug nuts on about 2 threads and yank on it. should pull right out.

--- End quote ---

believe me that wouldn't have worked on this car.

legends13:
If not, you should get your axles and rearend housing checked. It shouldn't take much more then a quick tug to pull the axles out. If it does, something is bent. Give Mike Gwaltney at CMG Motorsports a call. He can tell you all about it. If everything is straight you should almost be able to pull it out with your bare hands.

A bent rearend housing will cause you a TON of issues. You will end up thinking the rearend is square in the car and it isn't. Also, it will cause your rearend to be toed-in or toed-out. Niether of which is really a good thing.

DARK AGE 53:
the cause is more likely  tight fitting axle bearings, both axle bearings fit tight into the axle tube...I lightly sanded the axle tubes  and put a little Anti-Seize were the bearing makes contact inside the axle tube.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version