Author Topic: Some New rules for 09  (Read 7775 times)

Offline thunder938

Some New rules for 09
« on: December 04, 2008, 09:08:12 am »
These are from my dealer....Buckeye Legends

1)Weight rule will be 52% left side with the driver belted in the car.
2)Borla style mufflers.
3)Steel braided fuel line.
4)No open faced helmets, helmets must be SA200 or SA2005 full face.
5)Here goes? The seat must be mounted with the centerline of the seat
a MINIMUM of 10" from the left side of the inside of the drivers
compartment roll cage.(WE WILL NEED A DIAGRAM IN POSTER SIZE TO GET
THIS UNDERSTOOD!)
6)Specific gravity of fuel increased to .770
7)Roll bar padding- SFI-45.1
8)The protest fee for checking seals will be $200.00

Dave

Offline Racinjj

• Steenbergen Motorsports
Re: Some New rules for 09
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 09:45:07 am »
The seat measurement is really simple.  Measure your seat base and mark the center then measure from the mark at the center of your seat to the left side frame.  I am concerned that larger people with big seats will have issues with this but havent measured mine to see what it is.  My seat was tigh up against the drive shaft tunnel and cant go to the right anymore.  I think what they are trying to do is have these little kids move their seats to the right so they arent so close to the door.  Its a safety issue when you are close to the door or frame and get hit there. 

This whole time I thought that the weights were with the driver in the car, shoot.  I wonder what they will do to the heavier drivers, add lead on the right to even things out?  I think I was real close to 52% lfet side with me in the car.

Whats the deal with the specific gravity of fuel?  Are we going to HAVE to run pump gas now?  The only issue with that is around here we have 10% ethanol in our gas and our SG may be right but the Ethanol is illegal.  I am all about running pump gas but the tracks are really going to have to step up the fuel tech.
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Racecar spelled backwards is racecar. Racecar upside down is expensive.

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 11:10:49 am »
I like the idea of pump gas, but with the way our government has a million different formulations for different areas, it will be a tough one to enforce.  We already have 10% ethanol here and I thought that they were phasing it in nationwide this year.  Maybe they can require a specific gas station for each race or something and have an official pick up a sample before the race as a baseline. 

Offline Racinjj

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 11:27:22 am »
Yes, the 10% ethanol will be mandatory starting next month across the country.  I believe that premium will still be able to not have ethanol in it.  I would recomend not running fuel with ethanol in it unless you plan to periodically clean your carbs.  Also dont use 10% ethanol gas in your lawn equipment, its not designed and will cause you issues.  Trust me, thats part of what I am working on now, unlike your car, your lawn mower is not designed for any ethanol.
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Offline RickyBobby

• JM Motorsports
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 11:41:10 am »
The larger guys with the bigger seats will be easier to meet the 10inch rule.  A wider seat is harder to mount left in the car so it will move the center of the seat closer to the center of the car.

Offline Racinjj

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 11:52:45 am »
If you are tight against the driveshaft tunnel it would move the center of the seat left with bigger seats.
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Offline thunder938

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 11:58:27 am »
My seat  does not have room to move right or left.....it is what it is now
Dave

Offline djracing

• Global Moderator
    • DJ Ross Racing
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2008, 01:42:35 pm »
The seat must be mounted with the centerline of the seat a MINIMUM of 10" from the left side of the inside of the drivers compartment roll cage
Should be ok Dave, I would assume the 'centerline' of your seat is at least 10" from the left rollcage.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2008, 04:55:57 pm »
In theory, on the seat rule, things should even out. Us light weights will be slightly left, and the heavier guys will be more to the right. From what I understand, the weight rule now INCLUDES driver. '08 rules said without driver or equipment.  Kind of a toss up. (Question: Can us older guys mount our walkers to the left of the seat?  :D)

The safety stuff is a positive step, and something we all should have been thinking about long before now. Don't forget to update your helmet IF it is dated prior to SA 2000 or open face.

Be Safe!

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

anything