LEGENDS > Drivetrain & Gearing

Looking for 292 Gear and clutch info.

<< < (2/3) > >>

legends13:
jredd, are you in 5th gear with the 3.30? if so you are much faster then 95mph.  a 3.30 in 4th is about 95mph at redline.

Most road coourses require either the 2.93 or even a 2.50.

Tom Cole:
Here are the specs if you want to check them:

Friction Plate Thickness:  Std  .114" to .122"  Min .110"

Steel Plate Thickness: .075" to .083"

qweedqwag:
You can adjust where the clutch engages and disengages at the top of the clutch pedal near the master cylinder under the dash, you will have to mess with the jam nut and move the rod in or out to make adjustments to your liking, furthermore, if you are roadracing you need to go to a Barnett clutch or at the very least run two clutch spring plate on the clutch pack, it helps keep the clutch pack firm and resists slipping. Here is a link for gears http://www.dwarfcarproducts.com/gears.html  and http://www.barnettclutches.com/products/clutch_plates_springs.aspx?type=clutches_other&clutch_make=Yamaha&clutch_cc=1200

Later Mike.

justfreaky:
Hi and Welcome to the site!
 Hopefully Pegalis will chime in here soon. Send him an email or PM. He has been very helpful with my project.
I sure wish our SCCA group ran road courses; Would be awesome! We're all auto-cross here in Montana.
 Post a little something on the introduction page for us about your endevors.

Best of Luck to You,
  Steve

gramps05:
The clutch pack has two narrow friction plates in it, the rest of them are wide plates. They are the first and last friction plates in the pack. You can remove the clutch pack down to the large circlip which is actually a thin wire which is around the clutch housing, the ends of it are in a hole. Remove the circlip, steel plate, narrow friction plate, spring and seat plate. Take the narrow friction plate, circlip, spring and seat plate and set them aside because they are not going to be reinstalled. Now install a new wide friction plate, don't install it dry, soak it in oil for a while, then the steel plate removed earlier and then the rest of the clutch pack. They say you can also change the first narrow friction plate for a new wide one but I found that the inside diameter of the wide plate is smaller than the narrow plate and would not properly fit the rear of my stock pressure plate.  Seems like a lot of work for a little more friction surface area but if you enjoy tinkering have at it. The parts left out are an anti chatter set up used when installed in a bike.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version