Author Topic: FUEL IN YOUR CAR OVER THE WINTER  (Read 4499 times)

Offline ruracin61

• Cars R My Stars
    • 61 racing
FUEL IN YOUR CAR OVER THE WINTER
« on: November 15, 2008, 03:27:32 pm »
I still have fuel in my bando. Is there a way to empty it and how or is there a liquid I could put in the gas tank? I want to know this because I heard that if you leave it sit in there to long over the winter it will get gello like and I will half to clean it then.

! Cars R My Stars !
 http://61racing.webs.com/
61 racing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: FUEL IN YOUR CAR OVER THE WINTER
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 04:10:50 pm »
Hi Tristan,

Drain the fuel. It gets stale after awhile. Tends to leave deposits in the small passages in the carb.
They do make fuel stabilizer....
My personal opinion; Why spend the extra money.

Disconnect your fuel line and drain the tank. Run the engine until the carb bowl is empty, or pull the carb bowl and drain.
Good time to change your oil, so that you will be ready when it comes time to start up your engine.

Put your car up on jack stands (or whatever equivalent).  Release the air from your tires.
Good time to run through the entire car. Strip it down and re-paint. Check every nut and bolt. Look for bent or broken parts. Check rules for any necessary update...
I'm sure you get the idea.
 When you are sure that everything is ready for next season....
Do some SIM racing. OR, go out to the garage, sit in your car, and make Varoom, Varoom noises.  :P
(Come On Guys/Gals; You know we all do it!)  ;D
 :-[ maybe it's just me :-[
"Eeek!!!"

I hope that gives you some insight. I'm sure that some of the others will chime in if I forgot something.

Best of Luck!

Steve

PS,

Post a pic or two of your car in the "Lets See What You Got" thread.
Everyone likes to see pics!
REALLY!!!!          Not just me!!!!!!!
 ;)

:) :D ;D

Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.