Author Topic: Nats. Check?  (Read 16635 times)

Offline IraceLegends77

Nats. Check?
« on: November 07, 2008, 07:39:40 am »
Any one get there check from 600 yet? I faxed my w-9 to them two weeks ago and still haven't seen anything.

Scott #77w

Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline Racinjj

• Steenbergen Motorsports
Re: Nats. Check?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 08:32:48 am »
I was wondering the exact same thing.
I still havent gotten paid from the Badger State Natls. 6 weeks ago.  Dont buy anything from the North Dakotah Legends dealer, he is the one that took the purse and left without paying us.
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Racecar spelled backwards is racecar. Racecar upside down is expensive.

Offline bback58

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 04:06:30 pm »
Jeff - Don't go bashing Ivan.  He has been working on getting some more money for the payout from the group at Cedar Lake.  I just asked him about it today and he said they were sending him more money.  I figure we should get a payout soon.  Ivan is an honest guy and we will get paid.  Whatever screwing we get on the payout, it won't be by him.  He tries like hell to get the Legends class promoted.  Why would a dealer from ND try to get races scheduled in Wisconsin (the Sandbox and Cedar Lake) if it wasn't for the good of the Legends class overall?   If it sells any Legends cars in Wisconsin it sure doesn't line his pockets.
Brian B

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 08:37:32 pm »
Nothings going to sell Legends cars in Wisconsin until Ragan breaks down and lets us open the dealership we proposed to him over a year ago...but I wont get started on that subject. I've heard alot of good stuff about Ivan, tho I only order my parts directly through 600, its cheaper
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline bback58

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 09:17:33 pm »
Ivan was the one who got the Legends races at the Sandbox and Cedar Lake set up, but he wasn't the one who put them on.  I don't know why the payout went through him instead of us being paid at the track like the other divisions, but I hope it doesn't give him a bad name.   I understand the reduced payout because they had a very poor spectator turnout, but what they want to pay out doesn't even come close to what the Legends people paid in at the gate.  I know the guys who raced there will get paid - it just may take a while but I think it will be soon.

I buy most all my stuff from Ivan, partly because he is a friend and partly because I want to support our local dealer.  Doesn't Wisconsin have a dealer?  Did they give you a reason they wouldn't let you open a dealership??
Brian B

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 10:30:11 pm »
No dealer here. Closest one is in Rockford, Illinois and he has the Wisconsin territory, and Ragan doesnt want to step on his toes. We had an option to purchase on a 5000 sf building with 3000 sq ft of shop space, a vacant lot next door to expand, plus Ragan said it would be an initial buy-in of $100k in inventory, which we could have borrowed...then the story changed back to he's not taking away JR's territory.

Story is there was a dealer in Wisconsin when it all started, but he quit or got bored or died after a couple years, I dont know, so JR bought everything from him, now he's the next coming of Obam...er, I mean Christ in 600's eyes. Anything 600 specific gets marked up 7-10% over list because he doesnt make enough, thus the buying straight from 600 for me. He is cheaper when he can substitute, things like heims and such, but Id rather get 600 stuff for the technical legality of  it. The only thing I buy from him, is he sells spindle kits (spindle,ball joints, heims) for $134.95 a side, which is a good price.

I told him we would just do dirt, and JR could keep asphalt, no go. Check the website next year...not a single dirt rce listed anywhere, he only promotes asphalt.

Anyway, I'm going to keep on adding product lines to build my business anyway, have a meeting with Setrab on Monday, and have been talking with G-Force about become a dealer, along with the Amsoil and GoPro cameras we have now. Just going to add little stuff here and there. Plus our home track is going to be running dirt Karts now, so we will be expanding that way with our new Kart driver and my fabrication guys are already working on a prototype kart chassis...

Well, there I go off topic again...STEVE, throw up the little off topic smiley's at me again!
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline Racinjj

• Steenbergen Motorsports
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2008, 02:30:33 am »
Brian, I am not one to start bashing normally but its been 6 weeks and every time I talk to him he says he will send it out the next day.  To me thats lying just as he did at the track when he said he didnt get any money from the track, as he walked away with cash from the promoter.  I have been burned before by promoters and I am not going down without a fight.  If he wanted to add more to the purse he could have paid us with what he had and then send a supplemental check.  That makes sense to me at least we would have left with something.  I am not upset with the reduced purse its that he has lied numerous times to me which makes me very leery of doing any races in the future that he is involved in.  I would have much rather had the WI Legends guys work out the races at CLS, at least I know I can trust them.  Its going to be pretty hard for me to shell out another $400 to race at the indoor race not knowing if I will get paid at all.  I have been in contact with Darrel Krentz at 600 and he said that he is going to work on it.
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Racecar spelled backwards is racecar. Racecar upside down is expensive.

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2008, 09:07:32 am »
So I'm guessing that no one got there check...................... ;D

Here is good one also. Pro and Masters get more money then Simi-Pro's. WHY. I didn't get a discount on my entry fee, parts or fuel. Why do we not get the same money? I just don't feel that this is right. Sorry off topic again, well, kind of.

Scott #77w

Offline bback58

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2008, 10:21:27 am »
Jeff,  I understand completely.  I didn't realize you have been calling him.  I don't take too well to people lying to me either.
Brian B

Offline bback58

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2008, 10:39:46 am »
Scott.  I never realized we got different payouts.  I don't think I ever saw a listing of the payouts.  All I remember is that they sure pay terrible for a National event.   It's not surprising they don't get a lot of cars to show up.

If I found out we were being paid differently, I would send Darrel Krentz an e-mail and ask him the very same questions you posted.   We also don't get any discount for our license fees either.

Here is good one also. Pro and Masters get more money then Simi-Pro's. WHY. I didn't get a discount on my entry fee, parts or fuel. Why do we not get the same money? I just don't feel that this is right. Sorry off topic again, well, kind of.

Scott #77w
Brian B

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2008, 12:01:29 pm »
Off Topic!
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2008, 05:12:39 pm »
Thanks Steve  ;D
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline jgrimracing

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2008, 11:18:02 pm »
Scott,
We didn't get a check yet either.  Seems if the form needed to be filled out, we should have filled it out at the event???  As far as the difference in payout, I was wondering the same thing.  I could see some difference, although the pro had a small field, it is still pro..

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2008, 04:42:24 pm »
Well, I got it.

$100.00  WOW

I was sure hoping it would be more this year. Well, I guess we don't race to make money just for fun.

Scott #77w

Offline jgrimracing

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2008, 06:36:13 pm »
Got ours today.  $225.00