Author Topic: How You Doing? 2009  (Read 152740 times)

Offline Racinjj

• Steenbergen Motorsports
Re: How You Doing? 2009
« Reply #240 on: June 14, 2009, 02:24:39 pm »
I won, it was a little more difficult running the high side since their wasn't really a cushion but I still managed to make it work.  Apparently people are not happy with me winning so I am having our tech inspector come over this week and he is checking my chassis since a lot of people are complaining.  Its a bunch of BS and extra work that I dont need but I would rather do it at my house than the track.
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Racecar spelled backwards is racecar. Racecar upside down is expensive.

Offline joeracer22

« Reply #241 on: June 14, 2009, 08:39:01 pm »
jeff
You had another good run how did you get so lucky to get to have your car inspected during the week
joe

Offline knuclebuster

« Reply #242 on: June 15, 2009, 09:02:11 am »
Hey Guys,
  After months of preperations and practice, I decided to enter our Charger(rookie) class and give it a shot.  I started fourth of four cars.  At the end of the 8 lap heat, I took the checkered flag for the win.  A little later in the night, I started front inside for the 25 lap feature.  I had one car that stayed on my bumper for about 18 laps, but spun coming out of two.  The other two cars were two far back to catch me.  I won my first feature race, actually my first race ever.  It was all pretty exciting.  I imagine I'll keep running in this class for a couple of weekends to continue gaining experience before jumping out there with the big boys, which usually run about 12-15 cars.

I want to thank all of you for helping me with the questions Ive had over the last couple of months.  This site has provided me with great information that just isnt available anywhere else, that Ive found. 

Thanks again!
Todd aka knuclebuster

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #243 on: June 15, 2009, 12:53:22 pm »
I finished 12th out of 17 in the feature after hitting a tractor tire on the infield.  I hate tractor tires.  Might as well just line the infield with big oak trees or something.  From what I was told by everyone, a car was trying to get under me and I came down and we made contact, then he got hit and I got hit a second time which sent me into the tire.  Glad my wife explained what happened before I talked to the other guy, because all I felt were two hits in the same turn so I was pretty ticked.  Only took out the front bumper and damaged the connection inside of the spark plug wire boot, so it would not grip the plug.  It was popping when I restarted, so I just went to the pits.  My brakes got worse this week so I had to pump them in every turn.   Pumping up the brakes is not the best way to get a good corner entry, which was messing up my corner exit.   Guess the bias valve was not the entire problem.  I'm going to replace both front calipers and pads and see if it fixes the problem.  We noticed that the bleeder on the right caliper was not releasing a lot of pressure when we bled them last week, so there is probably air trapped in the system somewhere.  Not sure how old the calipers are and the car sat for over a year, so they are probably rusted up or something.           

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #244 on: June 15, 2009, 01:50:21 pm »
Todd,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
Good to see you out there giving it a shot! That's exciting to get a feature win your first time out!!!
Stick with what you are comfortable with. Gaining more seat time and racing experience will help you a lot when you decide to move up.

Best Of Luck!

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #245 on: June 15, 2009, 01:53:41 pm »
John,

Sorry to hear about the bad luck. Sounds like it was a rough weekend for several people.
Is your brake valve hooked to that right front caliper? Just checking.
Hope things go better for you the rest of the season!

Steve

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #246 on: June 15, 2009, 02:49:20 pm »
The brake valve would start to come into play after pumping the brakes 3 or so times, so that part of it is working.  Thought my brakes were a little weak, but they are much worse after trying to bleed them last week.  My left leg is tired after pumping the pedal that much.   :)

Sagermotorsports

« Reply #247 on: June 15, 2009, 09:43:56 pm »
Took the new car out for the Qualifier last weekend, car did great after a gear change and some tweeking on the setup. Was running top 12 in the feature when my ignition wire broke and put me out of the race at lap 25. But no problem, was just one of those racing things

Brett

Offline ethan54

« Reply #248 on: June 15, 2009, 10:01:20 pm »
Saturday in Beaver Dam i had to race in the b main. First lap of the race i spun out by over driving the corner. I recovered quickly and passed 2 cars in the next 11 laps and then a caution came out with 4 to go. I passed another car on the restart and at the checkers got beat by a half a car length for the transfer spot. Although i didn't make the feature, I was still happy with the car and looking forward to next week.
Ethan Ross
Ross Brothers Racing #54

Offline djracing

• Global Moderator
    • DJ Ross Racing
« Reply #249 on: June 16, 2009, 11:05:46 am »
Finished 7th in the heat after the right rear rolled off the bead. Didn't have the beadlock correct. Warren Ropp took the wheel over to his trailer and mounted it correctly while I was running the B main. Started 6th finished 2nd in the B.

In the A main I started 17th and was up to 7th with 5 laps to go. What must have happened going into turn 3 is the plate that the steering rack sits on broke. I remember turning to the right, but in the video the wheels never went straight or even back to the right like I remembered. Broke some mounts in the rear and bent the housing up.

Steenbergen welded up the broke mounts in the back and the steering rack plate. Now I just have to wait for the new rear end housing and put it in. Should be good to go then.

Little 10 year old brother filmed this. You can see a few of the other guys on this board in this video. 62, 22, 8, 37, 17

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #250 on: June 16, 2009, 11:19:18 am »
DJ,

Sorry about the bad luck! It's nice that Jeff is helping you get it back together.
You get around that high line pretty well!
Hope things get better for you!

Ethan,

Hang in there Buddy! You are doing alright. A bit more seat time should get you into the feature.  ;)

Best of Luck to both of you!!!

Steve

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #251 on: June 16, 2009, 11:20:41 am »
Brett,

I hope you have better luck next week!

Wish You The Best!!!

Steve

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #252 on: June 16, 2009, 12:49:24 pm »
Both DJ and Ethan looked great. If Ethan wouldnt have spun, he would have easily made the A..and DJ looked to have a top 10 locked up until his incident too.

Good job guys!
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline bback58

« Reply #253 on: June 16, 2009, 08:46:22 pm »
Sunday night I got involved in 2 accidents during the feature.  The first one I could see the guy losing control on the front stretch.   I went wide to get around and as I came by he finally started coming around and he clipped me, giving me a nice slide.  Thought I was going to back it into the wall at first, but didn't hit anything and continued on.  Several laps later I saw a car spin to the infield in turn 2 so went wide following a car up ahead.  Big mistake.  I didn't know he was involved and was stopping with a broken spindle and I rear-ended him hard.  Holy crap, it sure happens fast!  Anyway, I drove to the pits with a broken steering arm and a couple of broken/bent aluminum rods and a smashed in grille.  Hopefully that is all the damage.   My 12th night of racing for the season and my first DNF and I think I got by pretty lucky on the damage done so I'm not in a bad mood about it.    Check out the in-car video at     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P70psLCDxDc

I was going to work on it last night, but we got 8+ inches of rain last night and today, so now I'm not in a hurry because this weekends races will surely be cancelled.  The pits are pretty much full of water. 
Brian B

FFmedic

« Reply #254 on: June 17, 2009, 04:38:47 pm »
Brian I heard if it doesn't get any wetter we are running this weekend. 

Joe