Author Topic: How You Doing? 2009  (Read 152677 times)

Offline DanH

Re: How You Doing? 2009
« Reply #90 on: April 01, 2009, 01:23:09 pm »
Well its time for me to rebuild the damaged corner from the first meeting and get it off to the track for practice on saturday and then the race on sunday. Unusually for England we are having a spurt of good weather!

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #91 on: April 01, 2009, 01:24:07 pm »
I need to bring the car back in one piece with a running motor before I can rub anything in.   :)

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #92 on: April 01, 2009, 02:06:41 pm »
I am taking the car out to a local dirt track (Tri-City Speedway) tonight for their play day.  They do not run legends cars, but the practice time is open to all classes.   

John,

That's Great News! Let us know how the practice goes.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #93 on: April 01, 2009, 02:08:30 pm »
Dan,

Keep us posted.

Best of Luck!

Steve

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #94 on: April 02, 2009, 12:57:21 pm »
I actually made it onto a track with my car.   :)  I was starting to think that it would never happen.  The track I went to is Tri-City Speedway in Granite City, IL and it is a 3/8 mile high banked dirt track.  I got in two runs and it handled pretty good.  Not a whole lot of bite, but I was not expecting much on a dry slick track with these hard tires.  They put me on the track by myself because they thought that I would be slower than anything else practicing so I got it all to myself.  I had times in line with what the sportsman cars had, so I was pretty happy.  Too bad they do not run legends cars at Tri-City.  It was purchased a few years ago and the new owners put a lot of money into improving it.  It was a huge change from when I raced street stocks out there 10 years ago.     

John

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #95 on: April 02, 2009, 04:46:14 pm »
John,

Sounds like a good time! Maybe the new owner will give Legends a try in the future. Just good to hear that you aren't still waiting on your engine.

Best of Luck!

Steve

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #96 on: April 03, 2009, 09:05:59 am »
"The National Weather Service has put out a forecast for southern Wisconsin that says we could potentially see 4 to 7 inches of snow on Sunday"

I am sooooooooooo sick of this, no wonder I can't get motivated to put this thing together.

At least its not rain, Hope you Dakota guys are doing OK
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #97 on: April 03, 2009, 09:09:30 am »
Snowing here in Montana. Next week looks good though. Forcast is for weather in the 50's.
Hang in there Brian and Joe!

Steve

Offline bback58

« Reply #98 on: April 03, 2009, 10:43:59 am »
Hope you Dakota guys are doing OK

Last Monday we got about 15 inches of snow with possibly a couple more coming this weekend, but hoping it goes South of us.  We are less than 2 inches from an all time season snowfall record.  With all the snow and a pretty cool spring so far, our track is full of snow.  I figure our racing season will get started late which is kind of depressing.  Warmer weather is forecasted, but it will take a long time to melt it all and dry out the tracks.  I have my car pretty much ready to go other than setup.  The new paint looks good, if I do say so myself.
Brian B

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #99 on: April 03, 2009, 11:10:34 am »
When are you going to update your avatar????
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline bback58

« Reply #100 on: April 03, 2009, 12:20:21 pm »
Once I get a decent picture of the car - unless you want me to put my ugly mug and bald head on there  ;D
Brian B

FFmedic

« Reply #101 on: April 04, 2009, 02:16:25 pm »
Nobody wants to see that. LOL  ;D ;) :)

I got my car all done except the transponder (waiting on some sponsors  :o) and setup.  Brian, when is a good time for you to set up your car and mine???  I'll give Pete a heads up.

Joe

Offline bback58

« Reply #102 on: April 04, 2009, 04:15:48 pm »
when is a good time for you to set up your car and mine??? 

We can get after it some weekend when we get some warm weather and depending on Pete's schedule.  My weekends are pretty much open.   I figure it will be a while before we get to go racing so there isn't any hurry.
Brian B

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #103 on: April 05, 2009, 04:14:59 am »
A few updates I had to find on my own:

Vern Houseman (Raptor3) : A 5th place finish at Lincoln 3/21/09
Justin Grim (jgrimracing) : An 8th place finish at Lincoln 3/21/09
Cameron McKee (WmMcKee) : A 7th place finish at Concord 3/20/09 and a 6th place finish, also at Concord, 3/22/09

Dave (Thunder938),
 How did things go at the AutoRama show?

Don't make me do all the work! I get very little time off these days. I WILL list the good, the bad, and the ugly!  ;)
I try to follow as many of our members as I am able to. I know that there are others that like to follow along also.
Make it easier for us to cheer along with your successes and help you through the rough times. That's why we are all here.
That is what this thread is for.  And, what makes this such a GREAT Site!

Let us all know "How You  Doing? 2009"

Best of Luck to All!!!

Steve

Offline thunder938

« Reply #104 on: April 05, 2009, 07:04:31 am »
Hello all, At the Cleveland Autorama we talked to tons of people and handed out a few hundred schedules.  I also took best in class:).  Photos can be viewed at www.northernohiolegends.com

Also we have test and tune the last 2 Saturdays, but I have not been able to go.  We start the season next week at Bartberton and again I will be helping not driving.  I hope to race at Lorain County speedway on the 18th.  Then I maybe side lined again for a few weeks as we are moving.  The sale of my home should...:) close in the next few days.  It si not the best time of the year, but after 20 months on the market i guess I cant complain.

Good luck to all that are starting and that will be starting race seasons lets all have a safe year..

Dave
Dave

anything