Author Topic: How You Doing? 2009  (Read 148608 times)

Offline MegaMang

• Fits me like a glove. A very snug glove!
Re: How You Doing? 2009
« Reply #345 on: August 31, 2009, 09:20:03 pm »
Been having an interesting season.  I've gotten a 2nd, a few 3rds, 4 or 5 4th place finishes in the heats.  Best in a feature is a 3rd.  The next time I raced after that 3rd, I got taken up into the wall in corner 1.  Bent the front clip, destroyed lots of parts and fiberglass.  Had to bring the chassis down to North Carolina to give it to Jeff Jorden to reclip and stress relieve it.  Got an old 2 bar chassis to run with while waiting for the other chassis to be repaired. 

Left from work and did a marathon drive from Ottawa to Brighton ontario, (3hrs), then back to kingston (2.5hrs) then down to NC (14hrs) so I could drop it off and pick up the new chassis.  Stayed overnight and drove straight back home. (15hrs)   All that after working crazy overtime hours.  Worked an extra 149 hours of overtime in that month. 

Managed to get the chassis back home, painted the chassis and 3 fenders, reassembled with the help of a fellow racer (thanks ricky bobby) and got on the track literally as the green flag dropped for the first race.  Hadn't had a chance to scale the car yet, so was a light tight, but managed to pull out a decent race night.  My next race night was a mess though...  Forgot to tighten the ground screw on the motor in all that rush...  Bad ignition problems plagued me all night.  Made a mess of the feature start when the car pooched it while starting on outside pole.  Should have scratched it, but nothing teaches like a mistake.

Looking forward to a fun race on Wednesday

Cheers!
If it isn't fun, why are you doing it?

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #346 on: September 01, 2009, 11:35:35 am »
Not sure how you did all of that in that short of an amount of time, but it's pretty impressive.  I can relate on the ground wire issue.  Hope your season gets a little easier.   

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #347 on: September 01, 2009, 11:37:54 am »
Mike,

I hope you (and RB) get a good finish for the end of the season!
Hang in there!!!  ;)

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #348 on: September 07, 2009, 06:33:38 am »
Crappy weekend.
Was running 5th in the A on Friday when a particular driver hit me in turn 4 of the last lap. I'm still going to blame him even though after watching the video, he was fully past me before I lost control  ;D

Spun all by myself while running 2nd in the heat on Saturday, then had a right rear trailing arm bolt break in the A. Wrecked a bunch of stuff, both rear shocks, all 4 rear bars, driveshaft tore off the rear end, etc...Rear housing looks ok, but havent taken that close of a look yet. Seems like a waste to fix it for one more show this year, but I will not end my season tore up for a second year in a row.  :-\
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Sagermotorsports

« Reply #349 on: September 07, 2009, 10:30:31 am »
After wrecking second race of the season, got another car and consistently ran a faster time right to the last race of the season. The track got oiled up in the feature before us and I spun out coming out of four but got it going before the caution came out. ( I should of waited for the caution , then I wouldn't have been passed :)  ) but it was our championship night and I did not want to do that to the guys running for the top spots. But all in all it was a great season.

Brett

kyle52

« Reply #350 on: September 07, 2009, 08:47:36 pm »
We ve been getting the bandolero ready for the winter season. Looking for a legend

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #351 on: September 13, 2009, 11:05:13 am »
Rain Out,,,,,,,,, AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott 77w
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline TomTom

« Reply #352 on: September 13, 2009, 08:48:19 pm »
 :o      Today was the first race in my 6 race " because of the friggin rain" rookie season runnin a legend that I felt competitive and got the car to handle decent. I started 9th out of 20 cars  got passed by 2 cars @ the green then I started making my way threw the field & made it up to 6th was working over 5th on the high side, he got bad loose so I hit the brakes to avoid hitting him and got passed by 2 cars then going into turn 3 I over drove the turn and got loose. I ended up finishing  8th. This might not sound that good to you guys but from were the car started the year to now I'm PUMPED, plus I was within a tenth of a second in traffic to the leaders!!!!  Oh did I mention that I'm the only one runnin a legend as a dwarf, runnin them damn stock toyota drum brakes against high dollar wilwood braking systems, and having everyone say " why don't you get rid of the legend and get a dwarf " it made me feel good to put it to them  ;D :D :o

Offline thunder938

« Reply #353 on: September 14, 2009, 10:50:46 am »
Last points race of the year.  Car was good then 1 lap in to the heat the motor started running very bad.  Found that it was only running on 3.  Found that the bat. is shot and had low a charge.  Charged it up and it ran good,....happy about that, Started tail of the main and made it up to 8 then did a quick spin out of 4 and NO ONE HIT ME :)  After that it was hard to start .  After a few minutes it built up some voltage and started.  Went to the back and in 5 laps got all but one of the spots back that I lost due to the spin.  The car was great and I was passing on the outside it was fun.  Finish 8 in points...:) overall, call it a season
Dave

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #354 on: September 15, 2009, 10:35:57 am »
Tom,

It's not too hard to convert to rear disc brakes. You don't have to go with the Wilwoods; You could use Toyota front disc units and a Hawk adapter. Or perhaps pick up a set of Wilwood calipers (used) for around $20 - $25 each. The discs, bearings, etc... can be bought at any auto parts store or picked up from a wrecking yard fairly reasonable.

Sounds like you have been making some great improvements.
Keep up the good work!

Steve

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #355 on: September 15, 2009, 10:38:21 am »
Dave,

Congratulations!
I know you had a few problems throughout the season; But over all, a very nice end to it all.

Steve

Offline MegaMang

• Fits me like a glove. A very snug glove!
« Reply #356 on: September 25, 2009, 10:12:08 am »
Not sure how you did all of that in that short of an amount of time, but it's pretty impressive.  I can relate on the ground wire issue.  Hope your season gets a little easier.   

Thanks,

Season got a bit better, but to be honest I was doing better before having to change chassis.  Just have to learn the new chassis and settle on a setup to get used to.  Hoping our last race tonight is a lot more fun than the last.  The track changes horribly through the evening with the severe temperature changes.  It's hard to know where to start with the setup. 

Mike
If it isn't fun, why are you doing it?

Offline elimn8u_43

« Reply #357 on: October 25, 2009, 08:26:34 pm »
Our season is over finaly. I was able to pick up one feature win racing with a Nascar driver (JR Fitzpatrick- he will be racing at Talladega this weekend in a KHI truck). Brad had a good season with a third place for his best finish.  Our banquet was last night. I was fifth for the season and Brad finished sixth. Brad was also awarded with a trophy for "best looking car". Brad is also the INEX Canadian champion for the Bandolero Bandits. So over all a good year.

Geoff

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #358 on: October 25, 2009, 11:37:22 pm »
Congratulations!!! Sounds like you both ended up with a pretty good season. Looking forward to watching the progress next season.
Best Of Luck!

Steve

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #359 on: October 26, 2009, 08:31:03 am »
Our season has been over for 2 months!
&%^$@#* Canadians! ;D
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/