Author Topic: How You Doing? 2009  (Read 138928 times)

Offline RickyBobby

• JM Motorsports
Re: How You Doing? 2009
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2008, 01:04:41 pm »
you can change body styles even without changing the chassis unless you want to go coupe to sedan.  Mine is a 40 ford coupe but front end parts are harder to find so what some guys do is convert them to a 37.  The rule book stats you have to change the whole front end though.
A quick call to 600 would answer the coupe to sedan part.

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2008, 03:10:05 pm »
Yes with no questions asked. I swiched fram a 37 to 34 with no probs.  For that matter have you ever been asked for your title. I'm guessing that you could not have one and never get caught. I'm not saying that its right but I have never been asked anything even at Nats.
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2008, 05:34:33 pm »
I filled out the paperwork with the dealer I bought the car from, but of course it was not sent to 600.  Glad I rembered to follow up on it.  600 is getting it taken care of and I should have a title soon.  The title deal is a good idea, but with the number of cars out there it is sort of like herding cats. 

Offline thunder938

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2008, 08:07:04 am »
Well for 09, I just stripped the car down to the frame and it is heading south to RPM / Jordan for some work on Wednesday.  Then rebuild it with a new hardware, wiring, and a Jordan housing.  The car will look the same....
Dave

Offline DanH

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2008, 05:07:46 pm »
Well iv picked up my loan car for next year. Cant do much to it except clean it as its going on a stand for a motorshow beginning of Jan.

Ended up with a 37 Chevy coupe and now after a year spannering for my Dad hopefully I can put what iv learnt into the track.

Got a test day next weekend so i get to see where the car is at! Other than that give it a strip down and replace any worn parts and race it as hard as i can!

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2008, 06:02:48 pm »
Good on you Dan!
I hope your test day goes well. Let us know.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline Racinjj

• Steenbergen Motorsports
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2008, 08:50:22 am »
I got both of my cars stripped to the bare frame and sandblasted.  I have replaced the front and rear clips on both cars and put some new geometry into the front and looking forward to trying that out.  The cars should be getting powder coated this week so that i can start assembly net week.  I still have a lot of body work to do but most of the fenders are done.  I hope to get the body painted shortly after Thanksgiving.
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Racecar spelled backwards is racecar. Racecar upside down is expensive.

Offline MegaMang

• Fits me like a glove. A very snug glove!
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2008, 06:30:27 pm »
I haven't done a darn thing as yet.  Brought the car home, left it in the trailer so I could get some of those summer projects completed before the snow flew.  Of course if I hadn't been racing all summer, I wouldn't have such a long list of projects left to finish...

I'm hoping to get the car into the garage next month.  Once it's in there, I'll do a complete strip down.  I want to send in the motor to 600 for a rebuild. (sealed 1250)  I also need to do some welding.  The upper rear link lollipop has been a nasty piece of work.  The pipe it's welded to is finished.  Way too many welds in the same place.  I'm cutting that pipe out and welding in a brand new pipe with a new lollipop and gussets.  While I'm at it I'll double shear it and the axle.  So it's a complete tear down and rebuild.  While it's apart, I'll sand blast and paint the chassis, bump out the wrinkle in all sheet metal, and repaint. 

I actually enjoy bumping out dents and wrinkles.  Makes me happy when I can take a mangled piece of sheet metal and make it look new.  All it takes is a little patience, ear plugs, some bumping dollies, and a couple of bumping hammers.

I need new shocks, new radius rods, new heims, new springs, new ....  OK.  Lots of money, and a little time.

I'm hoping to figure out where all the extra weight is.  If I can find some spare change around I'd like to replace the body and front fenders.  When I changed the rear fenders last year I shave about 7.5 lbs off the car.  Can't wait to see how much I can shave this year!

While I'm at it, I'll try to shave another 10 or 15 lbs off myself!   ;D

Mike
If it isn't fun, why are you doing it?

Offline Racinjj

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2008, 03:20:16 pm »
Here is a picture of the "Cop Car" getting one of my new front clips (also has a new rear) on my surface plate.  When I got this car it was painted like an old police car so I call it the Cop Car.  It sat outside for a long time was in pretty rough shape but i am getting it looking pretty good.  I think I will use this frame for my primary car since its a 4 bar and looks a lot safer than my 2 bar.
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Offline Racinjj

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2008, 08:07:11 pm »
Here is my mess in my garage, 3 cars in pieces.  The car on the lift is Ethans new ride which was going to be my second car.  I decided to sell because I am going to be moving and need some cash and have too much stuff.
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2008, 09:45:19 pm »
That's a nice bright garage there Jeff!

Congratulations Ethan!

Steve

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2008, 12:01:09 pm »
That's a cool little lift.  Did you make that or buy it?

I finally have an engine.  Hope to get it installed in the near future so I can at least make some noise. 

Offline Racinjj

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2008, 12:25:42 pm »
The lift is an industrial lift that I got free from a manufacturing plant and the hydraulic pump my Dad had laying around.
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

FFmedic

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2009, 04:02:21 pm »
Hope to get the carbs off the car before the end of the month and sent off to get redone.  Just gotta find someone to come over and take them off the car while I'm healling.  ;D :D

Then its time to get a transponder and get it mounted, order up a neck restraint, order a muffler, and get the braided fuel line done.  And to think the season is only 4 months away.   :o

Joe

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2009, 11:09:43 pm »
Joe,

If I had a way to get there, I would come help you in a heartbeat!
Maybe you will be up to the removal task soon. You have a little time. Just go easy.  ;)

Steve

anything