Author Topic: Our first year  (Read 4567 times)

Offline 3nracing97

Our first year
« on: October 12, 2008, 01:27:51 pm »
We started out with our motor problems(see  carb loading up thread for that fun).  I ordered a new carb from 600 and we still had the problems so I ordered a new motor from 600 and it turned out that was our whole problem.  As soon as we put the new motor in Jacob was as fast as everyone else.

We had some bad luck with stuff breaking.  One night we kept breaking the chain just trying to get to the track.  Another night the left lower a frame broke with no contact.  We had a spindle bend and rub the tire so hard it cut a hole in it .  In pretty much all of these races he was the fastest car and was going to win.  These nights were very hard on him and he was ready to quit a couple nights.  He has never had to deal with this kind of bad luck before and especially this much of  it.

He finally got his first feature win a couple weeks ago.  The next weekend he won again and we learned that the other people we race with are not very happy about us running good.  One night I caught one of the kids looking all over our car when we weren't there.  The second night we won one of the kids granddads had his head in our car looking for stuff  before Jacob was even out of the car.  He even stood right on top of us while we were tearing down.  They looked at our plate and the clutch and then we got DQ'ed because we had the motor vented from the crankcase breather in stead of the valve cover.  This is totally legal and I even showed the people the rulebook but they sadi it was illegal.  I called INEX the next monday and then the race director called and we got the win reinstated. We are still waiting for our trophy they gave to the other car.  I'm not sure what the problem is but I don't think the other people like being beat by a ten year old car when they just spent alot more money on their new cars so we must be cheating. 

Last night was our last race of the year and he got ina wreck coming through the field that took us out for the night.   We have a bent axle, the front body work is trashed and a few other things.  We ended up 2nd in points and I  consider it a very successful year. We learned alot, I know I have a very good driver and I think we will be very strong next year.  I also have to get another car for his younger brother so I will have 2 out there next year.  I have a feeling next year will be very stressful with the younger one, he has no fear and still has to learn some control.

Kevin

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: Our first year
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 03:06:28 pm »
Kevin and Jacob,
 Congratulations! 2nd in points is a very good finish to your season. :nice:
Nothing like a few gremlins to teach you patience. Glad you got everything worked out!
Looking forward to watching your progress next year!

Best wishes,

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.