Author Topic: Engine Cooling  (Read 14427 times)

Offline racer48j

Re: Engine Cooling
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2008, 11:08:19 pm »
Sorry it has taken me so long to post the results of our cooling efforts from our last race.  Fortunately (or unfortunately for our testing) the ambient temperature was much lower at the last race.  Even so I noticed our engine not only ran cooler but my son/driver told me the engine was very quick to cool down under yellow flags.  As we still haven't added the blower fans (we bought two) to the setup I think we will be in good shape come next season.  So I think the change in the engine oil (back to our original Valvoline VR1) combined with your excellent idea for ducting air to the back two cylinders along with wrapping the headers has already helped immensely in getting our temperatures down.  Now I can't wait to get those two blower fans on it and try the thing out on a really hot California race day.  I think maybe some additional experimentation with Mobil-1 or Castrol synthetic oil may complete the cooling makeover.
Thanks again for all the great ideas.  I'm ready for some 50 lappers now!!!  :)

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: Engine Cooling
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2008, 11:12:48 pm »
Ted,

Thanks for the update!
Also, thanks for emailing me your pics. I have them saved on my Photobucket album in case someone else wants to see them.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

anything