BANDOLEROS > Brakes

Dragging Brakes

(1/3) > >>

Mozart:
I just bought a Bandolero for my son to race.  We have been racing Go Karts for a number of years now, however, we have never come across this type of problem before.  The rear brake pads are dragging and I can't seem to figure out how to get them off of the disk.  I have read in the rules that a small spring could be attached to the clip that holds the pads but I am unable to find the right size spring.  The disk is not warped so that eliminates one potential problem. 

I guess my question is, how do I get those pads off the disk?

justfreaky:
There will usually be a light dragging of the pads on the rotor.
Have you pulled the caliper off and checked that the piston is moving its full stroke?
Are pads installed properly?  Brake system bled?

Just some thoughts.

Steve

Welcome to Legends Racer!
Good People, Input, and Info................ Enjoy!

Mozart:
Well I bled the system today and seems to have done the trick.  It is a used Bandolero and we are trying to get it ready for a Friday test at TMS.  I think right now that I have just about everything that can be torn out of the car disassembled, inspected and ready to go back in.  The brakes definitely disturbed me but the bleeding seems to have worked so I am gonna go with that for now.

I have to get a hutchins device now but that's a story for another thread.  Steve - Thanks for you pointers!

-Ken

justfreaky:
Ken,

Happy to hear you have the brake working. Read through all the old Bando threads. Not a ton of info, but good information. Be sure to read Fastmantom's set up info. You might also look at the Legends car threads. Some of the info will apply. Be sure to post in the "How you doing" thread to keep us up to date on how things go on Friday.

Best of Luck!

Steve

apm motorsports:
ken to keep the brake from dragging put two springs in the c clip one inside  the other between the pads make sure the caliper in mounted square. caliper center of rotor. grind the top of  pad at a 40 degree angle so the outside  top of the rotor is not touching the top most of the pad.  so as the pad wearsout it does not form a lip on the top of rhe rotor. use motul 600 brake  fuild   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version