Author Topic: just bought a bandolero car!  (Read 9161 times)

angusdad

just bought a bandolero car!
« on: August 21, 2008, 08:56:31 am »
my son is very excited.   hope to have it ready for him to race on sept. 12 at atlanta motor speedway.   my son is 9, started racing motocross at age 4, did very well but had tons of injuries, after broken femur, we switched to karts at the beginning of this year.   he's done very well in cadet and micromax class, so we moved up to minimax class, and now we're adding bandoleros.   already got the big trailer, tons of seat time in karts, a fair amount of professional driving instruction, so any advise on being fast right out of the box?   

check angus out at -   

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: just bought a bandolero car!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 09:08:57 am »
Welcome to the site!

Read through some of the old threads. There is not a lot of info on the net about the Bando Cars.
I'm sure some of the other members will help you with setup info and such.
Be sure to read the rulebook. These are spec cars; And as such, there are very limited modifications you can make to them.
Most everything will come down to chassis setup.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

angusdad

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 12:19:56 pm »
our car is in the local race shop right now that is affiliated with legends of GA.   they are weighting it, cutting tires, and fitting it to my son.   we should get it back at the beginning of next week.   we have a great chassis tuner helping us with the karts, and hopefully he's going to continue helping us with the bando's.   RACEWAY MOTORSPORTS FOR ALL YOUR KARTING NEEDS!   

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 07:38:03 pm »
Sounds like you're getting it handled.
Keep us posted on how he does with the car. Ask what you need or are having problems with. Lots of helpful people here on the site! Also, pass on any tips or tricks as you learn them. We can all use a little help.  ;)

Best of Luck!

Steve

Offline elimn8u_43

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 08:43:12 pm »
Good luck with the Bando! Any questions that I can help you with please feel free to ask. We have almost a full season under our belts ( my son is 11). I am still learning and now looking after 3 other cars plus our own. 

Geoff

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008, 03:01:55 pm »
Finally got time to really watch the youtube video. He gets some pretty good air with that little bike!
Best of Luck with the Bando car!!!

Steve

angusdad

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 08:50:48 am »
because of that air, i've helped support the local children's hospital and EMS service for the last few years.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2008, 08:49:09 pm »
I know what you're saying!
I'm sure I cost my parents plenty when I was that age.
Sure was fun though!!!

Wish I healed faster now days!  ::) :o :D

I hope that the Bandos will be a bit safer!

Steve

EagleCampMotorsports

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2008, 03:39:33 am »
brother, we're in the same boat...we just finished our motox season with a championship...next year one of our sons will be going to bando's at Indy Speedrome...how tough was the transition for the driver? what about u in regards to set-ups?

JimmyD/KY 8)

Offline elimn8u_43

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2008, 06:51:27 pm »
If you need help with setup let me know. I may not have the best information but we were able to have 2 cars tied for rookie of the year with new drivers and took a last place runner to mid pack in 5 races.

Geoff

angusdad

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2009, 12:17:59 pm »
transition has been easy.   we have a great setup guy that has taught me alot.   he's rusty clanton of clanton racing.   angus has had about 6 races now, and got 2nd in his last race, and qualified on the pole in his 4th race.   set up is real important.   also, driver coaching.   angus is easy, though, because he's has so much coaching in mx, that if he trusts who's telling him stuff, he will do exactly what he's told even if it doesn't sound right - like driving straight for the wall and having the car turn under you.   we're having a blast, and will be running the entire Lowe's summer shootout, and AMS's thursday thunder, as well as the bando nationals.   look for 711!

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2009, 12:25:41 pm »
That is good news! Congratulations Angus!!!
I look forward to following the progress.

Best Wishes for 2009!

Steve

anything