Author Topic: It could happen, if you want to watch your Borla Muffler race down the track..  (Read 16601 times)

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
On a side note...my ugly welding  job survived the destruction of everything else!!!   ;D
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline JGRacing

Guess I was wrong about welding stainless.    :)

Offline Lenny

Ours fell off as we were challenging for 5th place with three laps to go.  my son was black flagged.  The tabs just broke off the header.  Welded the heck out it when we got back. 

Offline MegaMang

• Fits me like a glove. A very snug glove!
I think I may that trick about leaving a bit of slop in the tab.  Mine was nice and snug, welds were pretty solid.  The tab cracked, and off flew the muffler after catching under the running boards for a bit, I ran it over.  I managed to hammer it back into shape, and welded the tab back together.  It's stayed together for 7 or 8 races since then, but I think that racerrad8 may have hit on it.

We had 2 other mufflers fall off after their tabs broke.  Nowhere near the welds, just cracked the tab.  There's obviously some stress there.  I was thinking about adding another tab on another header, but now I'm thinking I'll just add some slack to the tab.  Thanks racerrad8!
Mike
If it isn't fun, why are you doing it?