LEGENDS > General

Is the WIRE WIND SCREEN 1/2"...

(1/2) > >>

DARK AGE 53:
my sons car came with the lexan windshield and I'll be replacing it with the wire screen.

Thanks,
Al

Tom Cole:
Yes, 1/2".  I got mine at Home Depot.  Paint it flat black and it won't obstruct your vision as much.

DARK AGE 53:
Thanks, I painted the car last week and need to get the wire screen in before the next race, good tip about painting the screen black also.

Melissa:
Why do you preferr the wind screen?  I've kept my plexi glass and have enjoyed the lack of oil dry in my helmet.  But I would have liked the screen tonight when we came back out after a rain at AMS and there was spots all over it and the only thing i had was my gloves.

DARK AGE 53:

--- Quote from: Melissa on June 08, 2007, 03:07:00 am ---Why do you preferr the wind screen?  I've kept my plexi glass and have enjoyed the lack of oil dry in my helmet.  But I would have liked the screen tonight when we came back out after a rain at AMS and there was spots all over it and the only thing i had was my gloves.

--- End quote ---

I think there's a couple of good reasons why some people prefer the wind screen over the lexan windshield, more air flow that can help keep the driver cooler, no glare like you can have with the lexan windshield.....also, you can replace the wind screen for less then $5 were the lexan will cost you about $27.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version