Author Topic: my width gauge..  (Read 22186 times)

Offline DARK AGE 53

my width gauge..
« on: July 23, 2008, 09:56:05 pm »
too cheap to buy one so I built my own.

Later,
Al

POW/MIA - YOU ARE LOST BUT NOT FORGOTTEN IN SOUTHEAST ASIA

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: my width gauge..
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 11:55:16 pm »
Al,
 You are a most inventive guy!
Thanks for including the pic.!!!

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline DARK AGE 53

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 05:33:27 am »
Thanks Steve, the gauge has been a big help in getting the correct width for the car. I used 3/4" O.D square tubing, the hardest part of the build was making sure the tubing was straight.....inside measurments are 60"w X 48"h.
POW/MIA - YOU ARE LOST BUT NOT FORGOTTEN IN SOUTHEAST ASIA

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 07:52:41 am »
I too was thinking of building one. That is a nice one. I bet mine looks just like it...................... ;D

Scott
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline jgrimracing

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 12:18:58 am »
That looks better then the one the INEX guys were using at the dirt national.  More like I would have thought it would be, I thought you had to roll the car through it from the rule.  I don't think theres was high enough to clear the roof??  They just checked the front if I am not mistaken?? Scott, do you remember?

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 07:52:08 pm »
Yes that is all that they checked was the front. You are suppost to roll the car through. I don't know why the were not but I couldn't get my front through for a while.................. :o

Scott
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline bback58

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 08:38:45 pm »
That looks better then the one the INEX guys were using at the dirt national.  More like I would have thought it would be, I thought you had to roll the car through it from the rule.  I don't think theres was high enough to clear the roof??  They just checked the front if I am not mistaken?? Scott, do you remember?
I'm sure they are using the same gauge they used when I went to the Nationals (2006 & 2007).  That one was high enough to clear the roof.  I don't see anything as to a rule for the height of the car, but I assumed your roof needed to clear the hoop, so that might not be a requirement.  Your rear wheels will need to clear the gauge too.  I don't know if they checked that at tech (since I was too far back to make it to tech  ;D )
Brian B

Offline jgrimracing

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 11:53:22 pm »
I'm sure they are using the same gauge they used when I went to the Nationals (2006 & 2007).  That one was high enough to clear the roof.  I don't see anything as to a rule for the height of the car, but I assumed your roof needed to clear the hoop, so that might not be a requirement.  Your rear wheels will need to clear the gauge too.  I don't know if they checked that at tech (since I was too far back to make it to tech  ;D )

I didn't mean I thought the roof needed to clear, but the rule says (checked it today in the 09 rule book) that the car must pass through a 60" opening front and back.  <--not quoted but paraphrased.  So I thought the gauge had to clear the roof in order for that to be checked.

Offline jgrimracing

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2009, 11:54:57 pm »
Yes that is all that they checked was the front. You are suppost to roll the car through. I don't know why the were not but I couldn't get my front through for a while.................. :o

Scott

Just push harder it will fit!!!  Well if you changed the car to fit, I would keep it that way.  You were really running well there.

anything