Author Topic: Carb Loading Up  (Read 14340 times)

Offline elimn8u_43

Re: Carb Loading Up
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2008, 09:37:40 am »
my legends car I have had problems getting a good brake pedal on had no brakes at all when I got on the track.

Racing is so much fun!!

Thanks again guys and I will let ya'll know how it does after vacation,
Kevin

Check to make sure that the front brake pads are seated properly in the caliper brackets. I had a similar problem with my car and after replacing everything else this is what it turned out to be. When I was putting the caliper on the bottom of the pad would kick out and not contact the rotor. I hope this helps.

Geoff

Offline 3nracing97

Re: Carb Loading Up
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2008, 09:40:34 pm »
I ordered another carb monday that way I have one that is supposed to work and I am getting more jet to play with.  I tried adjusting the screws and it was just way too rich,  the plugs were completely black.  When it ran before it did good all the way around the track with the 94s except for the sputtering in the corners. We are going to try 98's and hopefully we are getting close.

I think the problem on the brakes was the rear drums were pretty loose and I had the plunger a little too tight on the master cylinder.  I will check the pads though, better safe than no brakes!!

anything