BANDOLEROS > General

Carb Loading Up

(1/4) > >>

3nracing97:
At least that is what I think it is.  We run on a 3/8 , 15* banked concrete track with a restrictor plate.  First night we ran the car we were geared too low so we were on the rev limiter but we took the chip out and the motor would bog down and miss in the center and comming off the corner.  This week we were geared better and didn't hit the rev limiter and ran good for a couple laps.  He set fast time in qualifying but in the heat he ran good for a couple laps and then it stared cutting out again.  He can let off the gas and feather it some and it seems to work fine but he really needs to be able to flat foot it all the way around to keep up.  I have made sure the vent was working and I put on a new fuel pump this week.  The first week we ran it the plugs read lean so we adjusted the valves. The motor doesn't smoke or anything.  I am going to take off the carb and clean it real good this week and might even take out the whole fuel system to make sure the lines are are clean and the are no obstructions in the fuel cell.

Anyone ever had this problem?  Any help would be greatly appreciated since I am about to be fired as crew chief from my driver!!

justfreaky:
Hi Kevin,
 Cleaning the whole fuel system up may help. Have you checked to see that the carb is jetted properly? You adjusted the valves; How about the carb? Could the valve springs be getting weak? Just some random thoughts. Hopefully, someone here will have some better ideas for you. You can also check on Bobs 4 cycle, lots of info there.
http://karting.4cycle.com/

Jacob really wouldn't fire dear ol' dad,  would he?  :)

Hope that helps some,

Steve

Bando 9:
I had that happen to me u need to try running different gears in your sprocket and clutch that should help that's what helped me.

Chance 8)

DCK2683:
How do you have your fuel pump vaccum hose connected?  Is it conencted to the carb?  We had the same problem when we ran a 3/8ths high banked track with a restrictor as after a alp or two the car would miss in the turn.  We switched the fuel pump vaccum from the carb to the valve cover and plugged the carb connection.  This solved the issue.  The carb is not getting enough fuel when on the banked part of the track.

3nracing97:
Thanks for all the help.  I cleaned out the fuel cell and that wasn't the problem.  I just took off the carb and it is dirty and it said it had 52 jets in it.  I looked at some info freaky sent me to from 600 and it said I need a  92 on #1 cylinder and a 98 on #2.  Now I have no clue which cylinder is 1 or 2.  I might have missread the jets but I was almost positive they said 52.  Now this is an older motor and it still has the old green seals.  Our track is letting us run it since there are only a couple cars for now but I am going to get it redone or buy a new one in as soonas I can afford it(or they make us!)   

DCK,  we do have it connected to the carb so your suggestion makes total sense.  I will definatly do that.  Is there anywhere that shows what line should go where on the fuel pump.  There is a good chance I have it hooked up wrong to begin with but it did run for a little while so it should be right.  I did check the plugs and they aren't white like they were the week before.

And yes I think he would fire me if he could,  there have been times that I messed something up on his kart and I think he would have beat me up if he was alot bigger!!  He does really good for the most part, he knows it is all about having fun but he is starting to develop a little fire in him to win, or at least be able to race for the win and when something breaks or he does a stupid move he gets pretty fired up about it.

Thanks again guys ya'll have been alot of help so far, 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version