LEGENDS > Brakes

Rear Brakes For Dirt

(1/2) > >>

Racinjj:
How far do you guys adjust your rear drums to trim rear brake out of the car?  Now without having a rear bias adjuster I am trying to figure out how to take some rear brake out of the car.  Or do you guys run normal brake adjustment?

IraceLegends77:
I have been trying to get more brake in without draging them. Maybe we should switch cars......... ;D. As of now I just run them normal.

Scott

VMS Motorsports:
Back off as far as you can but still be able to lock the wheels when off the ground for tech (as if they really tech us that hard)

Racinjj:
Last week I had my rear brake valve completely closed and I was just thinking if it would have worked better with more rear brake.  The car pushed really bad when I used the brakes so I just tried not to use them much.  I wonder if I put more rear brake in the car if it wouldnt help set the car on entry.  I have the rears trimmed out a lot right now so I will give that a try.

JGRacing:
If it is pushing, give yourself a more rear brake to help it turn.  Usually you would want more rear brake than front on dirt, but with the limited suspension on these cars you might not be able to use too much. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version