LEGENDS > Drivetrain & Gearing

Changing from single to double shear

(1/3) > >>

RickyBobby:
So my single shear rear end kept leaking around the brakets no matter how much weld we put on them.  So I bought a double shear rear end in the car and got it installed.  The measurements I got when I would square the rear end from the frame rail was 12 1/8 inches.  Now that I have installed the new double shear the rear end seems to be farther forward.  My measurements when I went to square was 11 7/8 inches.  Now I cannot get 6 inches of clearence on both sides.  Has anyone else had this?  Are the pick up points on the double shear different?  I am goig to move the rear end back tonight so I can get the 6 inch rule back.

justfreaky:
RB,

Pick up points should be the same.
Could be slight differences due to welding process.

Or;

Could it be that you washed your car in hot water
and it shrunk some?  ;D

Steve

RickyBobby:
Lol.  I did wash it but it is a dark colour so I make sure to wash in cold watter

LunaticMark:
cold water... good choice, that way the color doesn't run... lmao!!! Check your measurements on your rear end housing... it may have been a manufacturing flaw. If the rear end was in the jig crooked, then the mounts may have been installed off a bit, also check your rear end for straightness... yes, i know it's new, but trust me... SEVERAL of the guys here had bent rears from the factory.

RickyBobby:
how do you check for it being straight?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version